Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The best thing that happened to you today.

Comments

• Lee82Lee82 Veteran
    Got a random call from a charity I donate to just to say thanks and tell me how the money helps, so I agreed to increase my donation :-)
    riverflowsovalobsterLucy_Begood
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    I read some of "The Four Agreements" and made new aspirations to perfect my speech, or as stated in TFA "Be impeccable with your word"
    nenkohailobster
    @Lee82 way to go! you are rockin it! :D i bet you make one delicious salad.
  • I had mentally ill voices all day and the treat was getting out in the sunshine and we had pizza for dinner which relatively is a delicoius treat in my diet. Outdoors I raked straw out of the garden.
    Invincible_summerzombiegirl
  • Going from ~12 hours these last few weeks at work to 35 next week.
    Today I found this awesome video. It is about metta and remembering our natural inclination to goodness.

Another great part of my day was accidentally typing "newbuddhist.om" instead of .com haha :D Ommmmmmmm
    Invincible_summerkarastilobsterJeffrey
  • sova- thank you for starting this thread. I think it's got some future.
    riverflowVastmindsova
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    I went out in the snow and uncovered my garden beds today. I had to dig for them, we still have so much snow in our yard! But I found them and clean them out and the nice weather the next few days so help thaw them out. This weekend we should see our first day above 60F since October. FINALLY!

Also my 10 year old did not make it to a majors team in Little League, and it was nice to see him overcome his tears and disappointment so quickly and come around to deciding to work really hard this year and get advice from his coaches on what to work on. It's more typical for him to wallow for many days, so it was good to see a quick turn around to a positive POV.
    riverflowlobstersovazombiegirl
    That's awesome @riverflow! How fun to meet people in person!

I had to add one for my day. My teenager has Asperger's. There is another little boy in our town, who is 7 years old, who has it as well. A few days ago, the boy made up a poster board just because he wanted to teach his class and school what people with Asperger's are like, and how to work with them and get to know them and such. I just thought that was so amazing to see that kind of initiative from a 7 year old!
    riverflowlobstersovazombiegirl
  • @jeffery sorry the voices overwhelmed :bawl:
    Still you posted on this thread. Inspiring.

I am just listening to the rain, watering parsley we planted two days ago.
    riverflowsova
  • Another spring day. A pipe then 20 minutes of meditation in cool air and sunshine. I didn't have to wear a coat. Next I tore ivy up out of our 'pen' area where the dog used to habitate. I am going to tear all of the massive amounts of ivy out. There is a center of daffodils to the pen and I am not going to rototil (or whatever) there. But I am going to plant some ferns and have a low light garden. I also want a path that goes around the daffodils and perhaps a buddha alter and prayer flags flying from something or other perhaps going from the fence of the pen.
    riverflowsova
    Spring has finally decided to arrive in Minnesota, and even while I was shoveling through the 3 foot snowbanks, I found sprouts of green grass and irises. Yay!
    JeffreyEnigmasova
  • @sova nice video. I've had squirrels scamper up to me. Too bad no raging elephants in my neighborhood to help out :p
    lobsterpersonsova
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    After giving my boss a very generous 2.5 month notice of my departure, she sort of freaked out and didn't respond the way that I had hoped she would. Our conversations led me to believe that I wouldn't get any time off next month to visit my family for my birthday among other disappointments that made me think she only treated me as well as she considered me useful. But today, she finally gave me my schedule and I have 5 days off instead of the 3 she said that was all she could do. :)
    JeffreyriverflowLucy_Begoodsova
  • TheEccentricTheEccentric Hampshire, UK Veteran
    edited April 2013
    I watched this, I am addicted now.

My new anthem.
  • I realized I am not attached to the idea of moving to a different division at my office. It could be a good move, but I'm happy where I am. With that, I recognized that with my practice, I am letting go of attachments. :wave:
    riverflowsovalobster
  • Sad to say, the best thing that happened to me today was I clocked out from work. I've been a samsaric mess today! --not unhappy, just plain exhaustipated!
    :D today I read about Bahiya (there is a sutra about him which you can find on accesstoinsight) and it was very revelatory.

it's interesting to see sometimes glimpses of progress -- i caught myself a couple of times today where I might have gotten agitated or upset and straight up just let it go! :D metta practice is wonderful. compared to where I was a couple years ago, I encourage you all to practice mindfulness and mettaness diligently! Soak yourself in Dharma like walking through the fog, and one day you will be [happily] soaked. (~oldschool zen analogy)

I found out today that there is a beautiful dharma center, (the first one to be founded in the west actually) about an hour west of where I live in jersey. They have lots of great resources online, and I downloaded a series of talks and went to the park and had a great time down in the grass with some gigantic headphones and wonderful thought-food. You can check out the center's website at labsum.org (the resources section is http://www.labsum.org/resources.html )

peace and love my dharma brothers and sisters. be kindnesss
    JeffreyriverflowStraight_Manlobster
  • I watched a dharma talk from my teacher. I hadn't seen one in awhile and it was about the heart sutra and was quite overwhelming and I will have to be very simple in my mind for awhile so as not to freak out :)
    Lee82karastisovalobster
  • Lee82Lee82 Veteran
    I started my yoga properly using the app I downloaded ages ago on my mac; sun salutations plus some additional stretches I added in plus 10 mins meditation at the end. Finished not so long ago and feel rather good now. I think I might try doing this at the start and end of every day for half an hour, see how I get on. For tomorrow I am looking forward to getting up, doing my half hour yoga, having breakfast and then mid-morning going for my 5k run. Feeling in a good place right now.
    karastiJeffreysovalobster
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    The weather was amazing today after a long winter which is just ending, and my mom told me she's going to give me a tomato plant for my new balcony in my new apartment I'll be living in.
    sovalobsterriverflowInvincible_summer
  • EnigmaEnigma Explorer
    Two full hours of meditation in the sun, the first nice, snow-free day we've had all year. The only downside is a deep sunburn. This too shall pass.
    sovariverflowInvincible_summer
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    @sova, I have that book! Some good wisdom in there. :)

The best thing that happened to me today, aside from the usual things my parents do for me almost on a daily basis, is that a friend I wasn't sure cared about me anymore called and we played basketball at the Elementary school where we grew up.
    lobstersovaJeffreyriverflow
  • I made ginger tea. One family member has flu, another upset stomach. I seem to have a sore ankle. Ginger sliced, simmered for ten minutes, lemon juice and honey. Soluble aspirin for flu sufferer. Three afflictions one solution. :clap:
    Jeffreyriverflowsova
  • SillyPuttySillyPutty Veteran
    edited April 2013
    Had the most bizarre dream that made me wake up laughing. I was literally holding onto the ground yet flying through the air. I was laughing because the feeling was so real, as if I was on a carnival-type ride (maybe like one of those anti-gravity spinner thingiemabobbers). As I was "flying," all of these mathematical equations and faces and images and sounds were rushing at me in a blue light. I was having a great time. Most bizarre experience ever.

Oh, and I went to the grocery store and found out that pumpkin seeds that are shelled are also called pepitas. I thought that was pretty cool, too. :D
    lobsterJeffreyriverflowsova
  • GuiGui Veteran
    Work.
    JeffreyriverflowInvincible_summersova
    I did some yard work today and turned over the veggie garden beds. I forgot I had left garlic in the ground and it's sprouting wonderfully. So I tended to that area and then I cleaned out the rest. Only one more month until we can plant!
    Vastmindlobsterriverflowsova
  • EnigmaEnigma Explorer
    Leading outdoor meditation with the Sangha - in the shade!
    VastmindriverflowRodrigosova
This discussion has been closed.