Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Read 'em and weep.....

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
This, if anything, gives rise to the question of rebirth, maybe.....

Open to discussion....

riverflow

Comments

• NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    Herd animals are easily lead?
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    @federica - It's not loading for me.. just a blank page.
  • SabreSabre Veteran
    edited April 2013
    For those not loading (it didn't for me either):

http://themetapicture.com/media/sad-story-bull-crying.jpg
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    Not loading for me either...
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Isn't the Weekly World News akin to the Enquirer? Hard to trust a news source that puts out stories about the Bat Boy and how to sell your soul, lol. Either that or it was meant to be funny and it went right over my pmsing head. If so, my apologies for being dense!
    riverflowVastmind
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    It won't load for me... hm.
  • AmeliaAmelia Veteran
    Did we all just get a virus? :D
    Vastmindzombiegirl
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    It wouldn't load for me either, I had to go to the media directory and search for it. Oddly though now when I look Sabre's picture loaded within the discussion but it didn't load before, it only showed the link and when I went to it it was a black page. It shows now though. Strange.

It is a picture of a cow and has text that says:

The Bull That Cried

Reported by Weekly World News, in Hong Kong, a group of workers took a bull to the slaughterhouse. They were about to enter the facility when the bull suddenly stopped and knelt on it's front paws.

The bull was crying.

Shiu, one of the workers, claims he started to shiver seeing those "scared and sad eyes" and, as much as they tried to pull the bull inside, it wouldn't move and just stood there sobbing like a child.

The workers were not able to slay it, also tearing up at the sight, collecting funds to buy the animal and deliver it to the care of the monks of a nearby temple.

Apparently, when they said they would not kill it, the bull got up and followed them.
    zombiegirl
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    ^^^Thanks for the wrap-up
  • AmeliaAmelia Veteran
    Interesting and sad, if true. Thank you for posting that clarification, karasti.

We must have deep respect and gratitude for all we eat. Something must always suffer for another's meal, vegetarian or not.

Gassho
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Sorry about the "It wouldn't load" guys.... It loaded for me.... so I guess I just assumed.....
    Well, that kinda deflated THAT issue...... :rolleyes:
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    Juxtapose that with the bumper sticker I saw today

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals
    TheEccentric
  • TheEccentricTheEccentric Hampshire, UK Veteran
    It doesn't load for me either :(
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    OKAY EVERYONE - Read ^^^^@Sabre's POST!! ^^^^

That's precisely what the link leads to!!
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    It was a pleasure to check out the source of this story, the "Weekly World News" where headlines also proclaimed, "Global Cooling Threatens Earth!" "U.S. Confirms Existence of Mermaids" and "President Obama Gets a Tattoo" (of his own face).

I just knew I was under-informed!
    Okay folks.
    It was a nice story.
    Let's just forget it, ok?

:D
    Sabre
This discussion has been closed.