Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Screen name info...share

I Honestly don't remember if I have already seen this here or not so admins, I apologise if its been done.
Share the meaning behind your screen name.

I'll start....

My native american name is sly fox. in japanese thats kashikoi kitsune. so kashi for short.
riverflowInvincible_summerMigyurSabrenenkohaiDavidBeej

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Karasti was my last name before I got married.
    Invincible_summerSabrekarmablues
  • your a riot sillyputty
    SillyPutty
  • Thats awesome! riverflow would you mind sharing a picture of the scroll you just mentioned? I use to practice sho-do. I love calligraphy scrolls
  • That's beautiful!
  • sweet. I want to get one made of the enso....but it amazes me how they are always so expensive. even more so than a scroll with an entire sentence on it...maybe a circle is much more complicated to achieve correctly with the brush?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    @Invincible_summer.... was that from 'La Peste', or 'L'étranger'....?

Studied both at school. Amazing author.... his ability for profound expression using commonplace words is awesome.

Me?
    Federica's my (middle) name...... ;)
    Invincible_summerriverflowJohn_SpencerDavid
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    @federica - I believe it's from his essay called "Retour à Tipasa." I agree, he was a wonderful writer.
    riverflowkashi
  • Taken from an Albert Camus quote:

"Au milieu de l'hiver, j'apprenais enfin qu'il y avait en moi un été invincible."
    or in boring old English... "In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

One of my favourite authors. I am especially fond of his notebooks.

Invincible_summer
  • Um, I just really like zombies.
    Resident Evil is my first and forever love. Original Playstation Silent Hill really made an impression on me though. These days I really dig Left 4 Dead... but also the levity of Dead Rising. I also like zombie movies... books... I was a zombie for years for Halloween.

Hey @zombiegirl have you watched The Walking Dead TV series?

person
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    @John_Spencer Of course. :)
  • John_SpencerJohn_Spencer Veteran
    edited May 2013

@John_Spencer Of course. :)

Then, Sean of the Dead, obviously.

I didn't realise how much zombie stuff I know. (I know it was mentioned earlier but the Cranberries song is a top 5 player on my iTunes).

I am concerned: Is it possible that I may be a member of the walking dead and not know it?

Your readiest advice is much appreciated.
    riverflowzombiegirlInvincible_summer
  • @Sabre I took a japanese swordsmanship class for a number of years, so even though we have different styles its cool to see a fellow swordsman here.

*bow*
    SabreJohn_SpencerDavid
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

My name is actually John Spencer.

I'd make a rubbish spy.

I disagree.... If James Bond can do it.....
    John_SpencerLucy_BegoodKundo
  • federica said:

My name is actually John Spencer.

I'd make a rubbish spy.

I disagree.... If James Bond can do it.....
    True: I could be double-bluffing.

kashiSillyPuttyInvincible_summer
  • @black_tea me too lol
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran
    A strange and little understood sense of humor, so I usually "play it straight" and I am male.
    kashiriverflowMigyurDavid
  • @Lazy_eye thats very insightful. thanks for sharing
  • Lazy_eyeLazy_eye Veteran
    @kashi Thanks for starting this very interesting thread!
    riverflow
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran

I am concerned: Is it possible that I may be a member of the walking dead and not know it?

Your readiest advice is much appreciated.

To be frank, I think many people are. Complacency runs pretty high in most sheeple.
    I think it's completely possible to be more dead than alive, yet still going through the motions. I've been there. Perhaps this is another layer to my name, using it like a cautionary song. But you know... if you find yourself actually eating people... I'm not sure that I can help you, haha.
    kashiJohn_Spencerriverflow
  • My name is Rasmus, but when I passed through a visa check the guy checking the passport and document pronounced it Rabmudtz. I have never met anybody thereafter who can say those letters that same way, not even myself...
    SillyPuttyriverflowInvincible_summerMigyur
  • sndymornsndymorn Veteran
    From the poem by Wallace Stevens , " Sunday Morning."
    Its subject is the loss of faith. It is sad and sophisticated as I imagine Mr. Stevens was. I think it is a very powerful record of the world in the early 20th century. I have always admired it .

riverflowSillyPuttyLucy_Begoodnenkohai