Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I am Buddhist

edited July 2005 in Buddhism Basics
Being new to Buddhism, I have wondered if it was what I am. (Perhaps not the best way to express it.) But I have been wearing a small Dharma Wheel pendant. Someone asked me about it the other day and I said it signified the Eightfold Path of Buddhism. The lady asked me if I was Buddhist and without hesitation I replied, "Yes, I am." It was natural for me to answer yes and it felt good. :D

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2005
    Isn't it wonderful when we surprise ourselves.....? You're "waking up" - !! ;):)
  • edited June 2005
    The beauty is that everyone is buddhist...it's just that most people don't realize it. Practicing buddhism is nothing to feel pride about any more than breathing oxygen.
  • edited July 2005
    Flyte534 wrote:
    But I have been wearing a small Dharma Wheel pendant.

I've been looking everywhere for a nice pendant like that. Where on earth did you find one?