Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My Buddha Drawing

The process of letting go....the pencil took me. Two and a half feet tall. I would like to release it when finished to the world through Ebay and donate proceeds to a cause. An idea.
Straight_ManriverflowzombiegirlkarmabluesWisdom23MaryAnneSillyPuttyJeffreyVastmindDavidkarastiEnriqueSpainsovaiamabuddhistmisterCopecvalue

Comments

• Wow- that's impressive!
  • Very beautiful!!
  • Oh! -- did you draw the rocking chair too (your icon)?
  • Hello again. The chair is from elsewhere, though I'm drawn to it...punny?
    riverflowSillyPutty
  • Proper focus would help...I'll work on it.
  • Wish i could shade as well as you. Very impressive
  • Four years of Art School helps...and you can shade as well as me...try again.
    riverflowDavid
  • I love the movement in the fabric.
    riverflow
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    When you put it on eBay, please announce it here. I'm sure many of us would like the opportunity to bid on it.

And, I especially like the hands/fingers. Quite realistic as opposed to stylized.
    Vastmindriverflow
  • I shall alert you all...hey, this gives me a bit of fire to get him finished, thanks BonsaiDoug !
    riverflow
  • ...also, about the realism / stylized option. I remember quite clearly the feelings around bringing Gautama directly to the spot where I was, in human form...as I imagine he might want it...with a pleasant "how do you do". Less deity, more neighbor...
    riverflowsova
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited July 2013
    Will you release it in other forms other than an original print?

Would be sweet on a t-shirt.

And as for your last comment, it really shows. He looks accessible.
  • Hi ourself, thanks for the kind words. I have not the access to the t-shirt printing realm...yet, maybe some day. The process of drawing is the thrill as is the subject. As a matter of offering. I plan to make another after this is done, then another, and more, then there's that one, and on and on...all different. A life's work...a new resolve of ease and passion..."egoless drawing" Hip Hip Hurray !
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    incredible. *salute* keep up the beautiful work my friend
  • DaozenDaozen Veteran
    Lovely, lovely. Well done.
  • Wish I could draw like that. I recently picked up a stack of comics that were 25 cents each, and I wish I could use them to learn how to draw. It's very hard though.
  • Try a little less, watch a little more, stay loose and appreciate those happy accidents that your hand and mind make. Don't try to draw like someone else, draw like you do, and you'll have way more fun and appreciation...my 2 cents.
    Jeffrey