Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

amanda palmer of the dresden dolls

sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

This is Amanda Palmer, musical genius behind the Dresden Dolls. She talks about her lifestyle and the deep trust she shares with her audience
SillyPuttyriverflowzombiegirlBeejVastmind

Comments

• SillyPuttySillyPutty Veteran
    edited July 2013
    LOVE. HER. Been a huge fan of her and The Dresden Dolls (no longer together) since the early 2000's. And obviously she is awesome, because she married Neil Gaiman.
    riverflow
  • SillyPuttySillyPutty Veteran
    edited July 2013
    Finally was able to watch it. Awesome video. I actually brought this topic up (and even used Amanda as an example!) on here a few weeks ago. I think this is the way of the future, really. Not just for marketing/business sake, but in terms of what she's trying to convey in the video... the exchange of fairness and support and love and camaraderie and trust. Beautiful point. Reminds me of monks in the community and "begging" (which is why I'm sure you posted this to begin with). You support what you need in your life and what brings happiness and growth. Some can pay $1 for a song, and some will want to pay $50. It's all about giving what you can to support the art/lifestyle you believe in and love.

She's a genius. :clap:
    riverflow
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    @SillyPutty hey that's awesome! Glad you enjoyed the video. Yes, partly because of the bowl thing, and more generally just because it inspired me. I've been falling winglessly into the trusting arms of people a lot and with every resign'ed step understanding and faith are bolstered.. power in powerlessness, if that makes any sense haha :D
    SillyPutty
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    i have seen this video before. i found her willingness to engage with strangers on so many different levels very courageous and inspiring. because no matter how much money you give her, the real currency in her transactions is LOVE. and i LOVE outside of the box thinking that kind of says, "There is no box, really". :)
    riverflowVastmindsovaSillyPutty