Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What was your last 'kick' in life and any ideas what your next one will be once novelty wears off..?

When i say kick , i mean your next buzz, excitement, adventure, chapter in life?? Etc....

?

Comments

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited July 2013
    Life has chapters?! Why didn't anyone tell me?!
    riverflowSillyPutty
  • NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    I don't know, but I'm sure it will come eventually.
    lobster
  • Building a tube geetar amp...hopefully the buzz won't kill me.
    riverflow
  • robotrobot Veteran
    For me the next chapter started when the work of raising kids was over.
    Of course getting kicked out of the house half way through could be considered a new chapter too. Exciting adventure, but not that much fun.
    I've tried motorcycles, sailing, traveling. Combining sailing and traveling could be interesting.
    zenmyste
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited July 2013
    For the last 5 years we've tryed to kayak to a small northern Island that was reputed to have the most amazing old growth "Ent" like woods. The weather had twarted our last 4 tries but this year between the subsiding of one gale wind warning and the arising of the next was an 8 day weather window opportunity. This time we were finally successful and all I can say is that I've asked for my ashes to be sprinkled in these woods, not because I think there is any "me" related to them but just to lay the bread crumbs to have my daughter eventually discover this representation of life for herself.

But really when you speak of a kick....

Isn't a "kick" just the next nano moment that you surrender to?
    zenmystelobsterLucy_BegoodInvincible_summer
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    My kick is always a different video game.
    zombiegirlSillyPuttybanned_crab
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    A wonderfully hot and sunny summer day, spent watching my kids play at the lake, my mom lives on a lake so we get a private beach which is priceless for me. Crowded beaches with dozens of children screaming and peeing in the water isn't my idea of fun, lol. My next kick? I guess we'll see.
    zenmysteVastmind
  • Bach. Again. I don't know if he'll ever wear off!
    SillyPutty
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    I'm eyeing the Wii U at the moment.
  • DaivaDaiva Veteran
    Climbing mountains. Best place to meditate and stay in the present moment. Trekked to Everest Base Camp in May. Just climbed Mt. Whitney this weekend. Am planning to do the volcanos in Ecuador in January. I believe the "novelty" will wear off when my knees finally give out...
    zenmysteTosh
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    Riding motorbikes. I only recently (as in, within the last two days) gotten int oit. It's dangerous sure but, there's such a sense of freedom! riding out in the wide open country, the sky seems so much more vast, the air smells fresher as well. Not to mention the money saved on gas is plain amazing. and 70mpg moped that can go up to 50mph? what isn't there to love?
    zenmyste
  • robotrobot Veteran
    Zayl said:

Riding motorbikes. I only recently (as in, within the last two days) gotten int oit. It's dangerous sure but, there's such a sense of freedom! riding out in the wide open country, the sky seems so much more vast, the air smells fresher as well. Not to mention the money saved on gas is plain amazing. and 70mpg moped that can go up to 50mph? what isn't there to love?

Scooters are the best. The bike I was riding here was a ferocious 1000cc sport bike. I'm lucky to be alive to talk about it. It's for sale now.
    After riding all over in Thailand and Laos on scooters, I am pretty much sold on them. Light, cheap to ride and fun.
    zenmyste
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    Nevermind said:

I don't know, but I'm sure it will come eventually.

:clap:

Being enlightened was fun whilst it arose and unfolded.
    May go for un-enlightenment, para-nirvana in this very body or a nice cup of tea . . .

Must be the deva in me . . .
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deva_(Buddhism)
  • kokorokokoro Explorer
    Skateboarding, at 50 there's not a lot of like-minded people my age into it so i have to travel interstate to catch up with my mates who have also re-discovered it from our teens, so it's the skating itself as well as the opportunity of catching up as well.
    Lucy_Begood
  • Breathing in -- Living
    Breathing out -- Dying
    Ad infinitum.
  • aMattaMatt Veteran
    edited July 2013
    I got kicked in the face earlier today, why would I intentionally seek another foot? Kids get pretty flail-ey when swimming with a playful adult. I'm pretty sure I left one of those around here somewhere.

Lucy_BegoodVastmindriverflow
  • Christmas songs. I always listen to Christmas songs in July. Never fails. So weird.
    Vastmindriverflow
  • My next kick is usually when I learn something new that I get obsessed over. Like when I first successfully produced insightful meditation.
    zenmyste
  • ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran
    Last:

Next:
    zenmyste
  • robotrobot Veteran
    That's a pretty big leap Chaz.
    Chaz
  • robotrobot Veteran
    Last

Next
  • ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran
    robot said:

That's a pretty big leap Chaz.

I plan on keeping the Miata for a while ......

:D
    robot
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    I always look for new music... I get a new "kick" out of an awesome song every couple of days at least. Or if not a new song, I'll find something really cool that I didn't notice in a song I liked before.
    riverflowzenmyste
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    For kicks I like picnics in the hell realms.
    I like to bring a whole mind full of wrathful deities with me.
    'Now guys and gals', I like to tell them, 'you can eat all the demons you can catch'.
    http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/prayers-and-sadhanas/sadhana-prayers.html

The look of anticipated demon munching is priceless . . . and then off they go, causing mayhem . . . which in the hell realms is just another day as normal . . . :wave: