Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sayings

Comments

• "Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

Gospel of Thomas

CheriverflowInvincible_summer
  • GuiGui Veteran
    “How do you know when you're God?" "When I pray to him I find I am talking to myself.”
    ― Peter Barnes, The Ruling Class: A Baroque Comedy
    riverflowChe
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    "Always, I am amazed at what we tell,
    how much faith we put in it.
    Never really knowing who is listening,
    how they're going to take it,
    where." -- Bronwen Wallace
    VastmindCheJeffreywalkis
  • misterCopemisterCope PA, USA Veteran
    "Ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around." -James Taylor
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    “I never knew before what eternity was made for. It is to give some of us a chance to learn German.” -- Mark Twain
    Che
  • misterCopemisterCope PA, USA Veteran
    "May you all have a nice cup of tea & a smile on your faces." - @Shim
    VastmindJeffreylobster
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    I heard this from a spiritual teacher one time:

I am not my brother's keeper......I am my brother.
    riverflowmisterCopeCinorjer
  • Suffering is a sign that you're out of touch with the truth. Suffering is given to you that you might open your eyes to the truth, that you might understand that there's falsehood somewhere, just as physical pain is given to you so you will understand that there is disease or illness somewhere. Suffering points out that there is falsehood somewhere. Suffering occurs when you clash with reality. When your illusions clash with reality when your falsehoods clash with the truth, then you have suffering. Otherwise there is no suffering.

Anthony de Mello
    Jeffreymisecmisc1riverflow
  • CheChe Veteran
    "I've been as busy as a one armed Italian cab driver with the crabs"
    Me, for the last month :screwy:
    JeffreymisterCope
  • Lee82Lee82 Veteran
    "If you don't want anyone to find out, don't do it"

"Be the one to point out what is going right and helps out what is going wrong"
    CheJeffrey
  • CheChe Veteran
    "If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people"
    Confucius
    Jeffrey
  • Che said:

"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people"
    Confucius

Can this be facebook portable? :)
  • CheChe Veteran
    edited August 2013
    It can be anything you want it to be Grasshopper ;)
  • "It's just the way it is"
    -Ajahn Sumedho
    -Tupac Shakur
    ... go figure lol.

riverflow
  • CheChe Veteran
    “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.”
    Thích Nhất Hạnh
    Jeffrey
  • CheChe Veteran

“It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.”
    Vincent van Gogh

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes." -- Walt Whitman
    riverflowmisterCope
  • CheChe Veteran
    "The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning. Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him?"
    Chuang Tzu
    misterCopeJeffreylobster
  • Knowing the rationale for following rules
    is more important than just
    knowing what are the rules to follow,
    as some rules might be irrational,
    which makes following them irrational too.

~Stonepeace
    Che
  • You can explore the universe looking for somebody who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and you will not find that person anywhere.
    CheInvincible_summer
  • "How many times must a man look up before he can see the sky
    How many ears must one man have before he can hear people cry
    And how many deaths will it take to admit that too many people have died
    The answer my friend is blown' in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind"
    Bob Dylan
  • “The source of love is deep in us and we can help others realize a lot of happiness. One word, one action, one thought can reduce another person’s suffering and bring that person joy.”
    Thích Nhất Hạnh
    "The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." -- Eric Hoffer
    CheEvenThird
  • "It is easy to stand a pain, but difficult to stand an itch"
    Chang Ch'ao
    Invincible_summer
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

"Don't seek water. Get thirst." -Kabir

Awesome quote, Beej!

IMO, the slogans "Got Milk?" and "Got Jesus?" just don't ring true after listening to Kabir.

One of the most unforgettable quotes I've ever heard:

"Censorship, like charity, begins at home; but unlike charity, it should end there."

—Clare Boothe Luce
    CheInvincible_summer
  • "If you could give one piece of advice to a large group of people, what would it be?"
    "Try your best to deal with life without medicating yourself."
    "You mean drugs?"
    "I mean drugs, food, shopping, money, whatever. I ain't judging anybody, either. I was hooked on heroin for years. But now I've learned that every feeling will pass if you give it time. And if you learn to deal with your feelings, they'll pass by faster each time. So don't rush to cover them up, or you're never gonna learn."
    Humans Of New York
  • “What day is it?”
    “It’s today,” squeaked Piglet.
    “My favorite day,” said Pooh.
    VastmindInvincible_summerNirvanalobster
  • "one bead at a time" :thumbsup:
    CheChaz
  • "Think, before doing anything else."
    Invincible_summerChe
  • Saw this yesterday and it's kind of been rattling around in my head since-
    "Few people have the wisdom to prefer the criticism that would do them good, to the praise that deceives them."

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

VastmindChelobster
  • "Paddle faster, I hear banjo music"
    T Shirt I saw today :D
    Invincible_summerChaz
  • "I don't know the key to success, but I know the key to failure is trying to please everybody"
    Bill Cosby
    Jeffreyshanyin
  • "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated".
    Confucius
    riverflowJeffrey
  • ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran
    “This is your life and its ending one moment at a time.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
    TheEccentric
  • ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran
    True story ....

Twenty years ago, my mother asked me why they called it "New Age". I replied,

"Because they had to call it something and they couldn't call it Horseshit".
    TheEccentricriverflow
  • "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit"
    Aristotle
  • morning meditation: Act so that you have no cause to be ashamed of yourselves, and hold fast to this rule. Milarepa. (buddhism now)
    CheVastmindJeffrey
    "Success is not greedy, as people think, but insignificant. That is why it satisfies nobody." -- Seneca
    Vastmindriverflow
  • CheChe Veteran
    So Seneca was a Communist :D
    Communist; A person with nothing who wants to share it with everyone.
  • People in the West are always getting ready to live.
    - Chinese Proverb

:nyah:
    CheGui
  • GuiGui Veteran
    Yasutani Roshi

The fundamental delusion of humanity is to suppose that I am here and you are out there.

Invincible_summer
  • CheChe Veteran
    I have some Hippy friends who are really out there @Gui ;)
    Gui
  • The immature blame others
    for ‘making’ them feel bad.
    The mature take responsibility
    for how they make themselves feel.

- Stonepeace
    Che
  • CheChe Veteran
    T shirt my neighbour purchased in NY
    Jeffreyriverflow
  • CheChe Veteran
    "The tighter you squeeze, the less you have".
    Zen Saying
    riverflowVastmindStraight_Man
This discussion has been closed.