Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What's your favorite color?

Ok first of all I am proud to NOT post this in Buddhism for Beginners, ha!

My favorite color is aqua.
EvenThirdBunks

Comments

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    I used to counter my daughters similar question with..... it depends on what color it was being contrasted with.
    Wisdom23
  • ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran
    Blue ...... no ......... RED!!
    riverflow
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    Deep purple or red. Burgundy is a good one too.
  • Chaz said:

Blue ...... no ......... RED!!

I would ask if there was an aqua pill if I were in the Matrix. :) ha
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran
    Orange.
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    edited October 2013
    It's fairly cliche, but I gotta say Blue.
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    I'm with @Jeffrey - aqua for me. The colour of the ocean up around around North Queensland

Jeffreyriverflow
  • misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran
    red
    riverflow
  • misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran
    ^^ my shortest post on this site - let me see if i get an insightful or an awesome for above, that will definitely make my ego feel better and keep it dancing the whole day and singing - yey, i got insightful or awesome for above, yuhuu la la ll la la.. :dunce: :lol:
    riverflow
  • Blue/violet :)
  • bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran
    My favorite color is grass
    Beej
  • Depends on the context. When I'm dressing for Ambassador's reception I tend to favour shades of inky sky blue russet, but for slopping out the pigs I go for fuzzy lemon grass puce.
  • misterCopemisterCope PA, USA Veteran
    I'm colorblind :(

Just kidding! Well, not about the colorblind thing. Definitely colorblind. Kidding about the sad face! :)
    EvenThird
  • TheEccentricTheEccentric Hampshire, UK Veteran
    Royal Purple.
  • riverflowriverflow Veteran
    edited October 2013
    I generally I'm attracted to very light earth tones, though I do like deep reds and and darker earth tones also. Rich blue colors I like also.

But I don't know exactly what to call my favorite color -- it's an almost gray color but with a very subtle greenish-yellowish tint. (see attached) It's not just a simple tan or light beige color though.
  • What's your favorite color?
    After dharma . . . Now we get to the hard questions . . .

It is too hard to have favourites.
    Probably ultraviolet as I have never seen it. I quite like the blues, which is best listened to . . . is 'rainbow' a colour? I like vivid, pastel and shade. Hint is good.

I know . . . 'reflection'.

Reflection is my favourite colour.
    riverflowcptshrk
  • Green, but I also enjoy Black and Dark Heather Gray
    riverflow
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    edited October 2013
    Green!

Comes from growing up in the forest and despising winter (I enjoy winter for the first two or three weeks, after that, Nuh-uh!) so seeing green was always a good thing. Plus it looks REALLY good on clothing. Also, most Kawasaki bikes have that beautiful green on them.

Jeffrey
  • Clear!
    lobsterBeej
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    Black for cars (now wouldn't that fit in in front of Downton Abbey?)

Blue for Sky

White for Cloud

Red for crayon

Orange for oranges

Yellow for summer shirts and blouses

Green for grasses

Blue also for Eyes that shine

Indigo for tapestries

and Violet for women's dinner jackets
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    how said:

I used to counter my daughters similar question with..... it depends on what color it was being contrasted with.

That's pretty much my answer too.

My favorite colour changes with my mood and surroundings.