Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Your Mission?

We all have a mission, task, fate? Can we right the world? Ourself?
I could be wrong about most things but everyone who disagrees with me, definitely is!
. . . . just so you know :p

People should not be allowed to be wrong. It upsets me. Maybe being wrong can be made illegal?
How can we ensure that people who are wrong don't effect the righteous? (that would be me incidentally) :buck:
JoyfulGirlseeker242Invincible_summerpoptart

Comments

• I like your posts. I don't know why you've been getting grief off some people. I think you make interesting discussion points, all be it in a very round-a-bout way.

• GuiGui Veteran
    Don't make right and wrong. Just go straight.
    Neither
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I've decided to not accept it. The message can self-destruct now, for all I care.
    howInvincible_summermfranzdorfYishai
  • No eye no ear no tongue.
    No path no wisdom and no attainment.
    Thus the Bodhisattva lives in truth without deception.

gate gate paragate parasam gate bodhisvaha

With nothing to add and nothing to remove.
  • edited October 2013
    I disagree, we are all wrong about something. The key to being right is to learn what that is.

E.G. I was a democrat and thought conservatives were uncompassionate. Then I met some people who explained to me that they do not want sick people to stay sick, or poop people to stay poor, although sometimes it sounds that way. They want the opposite, they just think that the government is not a good way to deal with these problems.

Like health care, if the everyone is required by law to have health care, then there wont be enough doctors to take care of patients, at first, which will make the price of medicine go up temporarily. If the government is paying the extra money, we will go farther into a recession or go bankrupt. They like to see people have insurance, but they think that now is a bad time for that. If we wait untill the government is in a surplus, then we wont go bankrupt.

And if they raise minimum wage it will only make the prices go up higher or force buisness to fire people. Beause if it costs more money to run a store, then they have to make the money somewhere else. Usualy by raising price. If the prices go up, people dont buy as much and since less people come to the store, less workers are needed to run it. Thats why they say cut taxes for buisnesses, becasue if they have more money they can lower prices, increase sales, and hire more people. Then we all have more money.

It made sense to me anyway.

And I was proven wrong about something i thought.
    I was glad i was wrong too, I dont like thinking poorly of people.
    Invincible_summermfranzdorf
  • Mission Difficult: Becoming enlightened
    Mission Impossible: Understanding Lobster
    bookwormKundohorsebones
  • Find Neo!
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    Lobster's 2nd post here is a text book representation of Canine or single enlightenment
    but I think he's really saying that the endlessly honing the mind only leaves you with a pointy mentality.
    or
    we have a mixed species love story (not naming names now) in serious need of all of our merit.
    lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited October 2013

I like your posts. I don't know why you've been getting grief off some people. I think you make interesting discussion points, all be it in a very round-a-bout way.

Some gifts remain with the giver, for example those knowing how wrong, right or straight through the round about route . . .

Ignition on. Check mirror. We are on our way . . . Now where is that vehicle? [who said you are driving it, you fool?]

The reason things seem obscure, clear, divergent, obvious or [assessment inserted here] is due to the nature of the vehicle. Everybody wants to drive or be chauffeured, nobody wants to sit on the roof rack. Some have gone off the rail way. Nobody is wrong, their position is different. OK back in the boot with the other excess baggage for me, for now . . .

:buck:
  • lobster said:

Well it may be Mission Impossible but . . .
    http://newbuddhist.com/discussion/18481/how-enlightened-are-you

Satori?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satori

Annuttara-samyak-sambodhi?
    http://anuttarasamyaksambodhi.blogspot.co.uk/

or . . .

IF….
    If you can live without caffeine,
    If you can be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,
    If you can resist complaining,
    If you can understand when your loved ones
    are too busy to give you any time,
    If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,
    If you can ignore a friend’s limited education
    and never correct him or her,
    If you can resist treating a rich friend
    better than a poor friend,
    If you can face the world without lies and deceit,
    If you can conquer tension without medical help,
    If you can relax without liquor,
    If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,
    If you can honestly say that deep in your heart
    you have no prejudice against creed, color,
    religion, gender preference, or politics,- Then you have almost reached the same
    level of spiritual development as your dog!

:wave:

Silly dog doesn't even realize that he is enlightened. Hmmm.
    bookwormVastmind
  • ... should you choose to accept it.

Sorry couldn't help it. Someone had to though *sheepish grin*
    lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited October 2013
    how said:

. . . endlessly honing the mind only leaves you with a pointy mentality.

. . . the bodhisattva ideal (metta possible mission) kicks in pretty soon when leaving behind the improbable sense of self. Too early or gushing and it comes over as evangelical 'Buddhism uber alles' mentality, which we have observed in other threads.
    Kindness is innate. Our first mission is not to be a great Buddha or enlightened by lunch time - it is to be a mensch . . .
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensch
    we have a mixed species love story (not naming names now) in serious need of all of our merit.
    You are very wikid . . . but funny . . . :wave:
  • After several epiphanies, the last two weeks i've felt a strong sense of the goodness within me, like never before. If all I am ever to attain is mensch-hood, then I have achieved enough - the attachments and "stories" are fading. Now, to be more mindful as I move forward and be careful of the new stories that may rise, but more or less, the mission is accomplished each second as i trudge forward.

lobsterVastmind
  • NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    lobster said:

excess baggage for me

Perhaps the mission could be to try lightning the load?
    lobster
  • The mission is to wake up to the void of self in the skhandas.
  • NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    My mission is to wake up and avoid the selfishness in the bladasksakshahhkkiii.