Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I'm back. :)

DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
Hello everyone. After a month and a half, I have returned. :)

So, in these nearly two months, what have I found out about myself?

1.) I finally have a foot on what I believe. I do believe in "God", but definitely not in a strictly western/monotheistic sense. The God I believe in is very similar to Brahman, AdiBuddha and the Tao. With that said, I take practice and inspiration from Hinduism (Advaita Shaivism) and Buddhism (primarily Mahayana with a slight re-interest in Tibetan). While there is great inspiration in the Vedas and Sutras, I will be the first to say that they have human biases and are subject to interpretation.

2.) I believe in the Devas, Buddhas and Boddhisattvas. As literal beings? No. I believe in them as archetypes. Smalls parts that represent an overall greater reality. Almost like atoms in a human body. I also like to think of them as extensions of us and represent what we can be capable of.

3.) I do believe in Reincarnation/Rebirth. In karma as well, but in a naturalistic cause-and-effect sense. I'm skeptical if a literal afterlife exists.

4.) I have devotion, but I believe Jñāna & Prajna (knowledge and wisdom) are just as important, if not more.

Well, that's about it. Glad to be back and I'm looking forward to more discussions. :)

JeffreyInvincible_summerriverflowTheEccentriclobsterThailandTomStraight_ManMaryAnne

Comments