Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Narcissist Test

This is a short test, only 12 questions in total I think, should be interesting to see what members of New Buddhist get :p If you do take this test try and be as honest as possible. I got this:

You scored 40, on a scale of 0 to 120. Here's how to interpret your score:
0 - 40
Selfless spirit. You don't think much of yourself--literally--and it's probably helped you get along with people and reduce the anxiety in your life. Discuss narcissism with others like you.
41 - 80
Occasional narcissist. You occasionally think too highly of yourself; catch yourself whenever it seems like the world revolves around you. Discuss narcissism with others like you.
81 - 120
Ego-maniac. You're prone to delusions of grandeur that may hurt your relationships. Get over yourself! Discuss narcissism with others like you.

http://www.beliefnet.com/section/quiz/index.asp?sectionID=&surveyID=74

Comments

• EvenThirdEvenThird NYC Veteran
    I scored a 10. Honestly I thought it would be way higher than that. :scratch:
  • I scored a "0".
    But I know better than to take this kind of pop quiz seriously. You just can't.
    It's too "black and white" and "either / or" in the answers one can choose from.

But it was only a few minutes and I was curious...
    If it was a truly accurate test, I probably would have scored about a 10-12.
    There is no simple, accurate test to gauge anyone's complex personality - especially the more 'hidden' quirks. :)
    EvenThird
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    I scored a "0".
    Some people just are not very honest with themselves, I reckon.
  • Question they forgot to ask:

"Do you deceive yourself in personality tests?"
    MaryAnneEvenThirdTheEccentricDairyLama
  • ^ Well take the test... see what you (two) come up with for a score. ;)
  • Yes these tests are more fun than accurate, but they do speak some truth I guess, albeit not totally accurate. I have taken it twice and have had 40 and 55 so yea borderline narc.
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    I got a 10, also.

I didn't like a couple of the questions that were either-or.

And in general, I think that such tests are faulty in that if you know what the purpose is you will -- without thinking -- self-adjust your answers.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Nirvana said:

I scored a "0".

High score, @Nirvana? Bitter, much?

Be polite, ok?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2013
    I of course, was completely and totally honest.
    You may all bow.
    Quiz: Are You a Narcissist?

You scored 110, on a scale of 0 to 120. Here's how to interpret your score:
    0 - 40
    Selfless spirit. You don't think much of yourself--literally--and it's probably helped you get along with people and reduce the anxiety in your life. Discuss narcissism with others like you.
    41 - 80
    Occasional narcissist. You occasionally think too highly of yourself; catch yourself whenever it seems like the world revolves around you. Discuss narcissism with others like you.
    81 - 120
    Ego-maniac. You're prone to delusions of grandeur that may hurt your relationships. Get over yourself! Discuss narcissism with others like you.
    Oh I have.
    And we all KNOW we're so much better than Hoi Poloi.....

I trust nobody is taking this stupid test seriously?
    I sure as hell didn't.....
    MaryAnne
  • TheEccentricTheEccentric Hampshire, UK Veteran
    I got 25.
  • If you need a test to find out whether you're narcissistic ... well, then, you have much bigger problems than narcissism! ;)
    MaryAnneNiesje
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I got 25.

Me too

• bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran
    I got 45

Im not narcisist in the metaphorical or pseudopsychological context, but I am very narcisistic in the literal sense. I love my reflection. Not something I would have said two years ago :-)
    ThailandTomEvenThirdMaryAnne
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    I got 5/120 - take a look at me and :bawl: ; sure I know you might be a bit jealous cos you are really nothing much compared to ME, so I'll understand it if you ask the moderator to add another voting badge which should be awarded to ME first - the most om-narcissistic badge!

BTW When it's awarded to someone the awardee should be required to submit a real picture of themselves!

In anticipation this is me as a baby:

MaryAnneTalismanNiesjecvalue
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited November 2013
    I'm far too narcissistic to do surveys like this.... :p
    matthewmartinpoptartTheEccentriccvalue
  • hi
    I probably think this test is about me

Don't you ? Don't you ?
    poptartMaryAnnecvalue
  • "Well, enough of me talking about me. What do you think of me?"
    anataman
  • ZenBadgerZenBadger Derbyshire, UK Veteran
    I got a 15 but I think this is due more to low self-esteem and depression than anything to do with narcissism.
  • federica said:

Nirvana said:

I scored a "0".
    High score, @Nirvana? Bitter, much?

Be polite, ok?

Lol, I think that was one of the questions about handling others' success.
    federica