Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I AM scientific documentary on the "human condition"

blu3reeblu3ree Veteran
edited November 2013 in Arts & Writings
http://www.iamthedoc.com/

i felt like this is appropriate for the "modern buddhism" section.

got about halfway through and decided to share with all you before i go to bed.

one of the most interesting parts in the documentary is when they hook up the "device" to the yogurt at the math heart lab.

dont stop creating positive mind through the power of your heart, pay close enough attention and it can be felt in between each heart beat!

it is available on netflix.
poptart

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Moved to 'Arts & Writings'.
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    ^^^ Awesome + insightful + That's what I'm sayin' !!!!!
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    What is it about?
  • Wow, blew me away.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Whenever I try to click on the trailer thingamejig I think you need to click on - I can't find a screening less than 3200km away lol. It must be just for an american audience!
    don't and won't have netflix - so I am missing out on something I fear!
  • My cousin told me about this film more than a year ago. He raved about it and really put the bug in my ear to watch it myself. But I have yet found a place on line to watch it entirely, nor anywhere that sells the DVD. I haven't had netflix for the last 4 yrs and don't care to enroll again. So I guess I can't see it. :(

It played in very few theaters in America, for a limited time ... only the biggest cities I believe- like NYC and Los Angeles, etc.
    Are you saying that 'I am' really amounted to nothing?

MaryAnne
  • it is probably on youtube alot of movies get put on youtube!

another awesome part was how they figured out animals (including bugs!) work in a democracy and put an end to the belief of an alpha male that controlled where the herd goes!
  • ^ see its on youtube!!!!!!!!!
  • MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
    edited November 2013
    ^^ I could be wrong, but I believe that is only a 15 min trailer, or 'teaser'. The whole documentary is an hour and 15 minutes long.

I don't like watching pieces of something - I want to see the whole thing!
    :: stomps foot ::: :/
    Vastmind
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited November 2013
    @MaryAnne...it worked for me...it's part 1 of 7.... 7, 15 min parts...
    Did you play it?
  • ^^ .Right now I'm baking a banana spice (bundt) cake...
    when it's out of the oven and I've had a bite of lunch (real lunch- not the cake! LOL)
    I'll look again! :D Thanks!
  • MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
    edited November 2013
    Well, I happened to get up early today, the house was quiet, dogs and hubs still asleep... so I sat with my hot coffee (Mmmmmm, aaaaaah) and watched "I AM".
    Looooved it.

So, as I've always said (Thank you, Gandhi)
    "Be The Change You Wish To See In the World."

And thank YOU, @blu3ree for calling this to our attention. :)
    yes it turned out to be a good documentary...
  • the next change id like to see is the mainstream scientific world take some more responsibility and stop acting like such babies! :wave:
    not sure what you mean as there were some mainstream scientists in that documentary
  • i guess what i meant by that was actually applying this scientific knowledge to our daily lives for those whom are completely disconnected and have no idea of onenessness as well as finding more common ground between science and religion.
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    I watched the whole thing, I liked it for the most part but it was pretty utopian in its scope. the heart having a magnetic field was new to me although I have heard in the past about magnetic and energy fields being the basis for your feelings about other beings and how stuff like metta actually creates this "dhamma protects" kind of atmosphere around you.

I'm also happy that the message was about all of us changing in our own daily lives and not about how government needs to do this or that to end world hunger and silliness like that.
    blu3reeanatamanHamsaka
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited November 2013
    The heart's natural pacemaker is electromagnetic in nature. Learned that in anatomy & physiology class. So it naturally would produce an electromagnetic field. Other functions of the body also produce electricity, like the minerals you ingest (calcium, sodium, potassium = electrolytes). It's electricity from that process that allows us to flex our muscles.
    The brain also produces an electromagnetic field. Pretty much all of life is electromagnetic. The planet itself has its own electromagnetic field, generated by its iron core and the sun's rays (together creating a positive/negative polarity). This imbues living things with their own polarity. According to physicists I queried who work at the local national science lab.
  • Jayantha said:

I watched the whole thing, I liked it for the most part but it was pretty utopian in its scope. the heart having a magnetic field was new to me although I have heard in the past about magnetic and energy fields being the basis for your feelings about other beings and how stuff like metta actually creates this "dhamma protects" kind of atmosphere around you.

I'm also happy that the message was about all of us changing in our own daily lives and not about how government needs to do this or that to end world hunger and silliness like that.

metta trumps agitation!
    I just found it hard to see that the bacteria in a live yogurt are really that emotionally sensitive. If that is the case then I will become a Jedi!
    vinlynJeffrey
  • anataman said:

I just found it hard to see that the bacteria in a live yogurt are really that emotionally sensitive. If that is the case then I will become a Jedi!

"with great power comes great responsibility" do not abuse the yogurt. :bowdown:
    Jeffreyanataman
  • HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran
    Those little fellas in the yogurt have a nice slime coating that enables them to move on through your GI tract and set up house. The problem is not eating them, it's that we ruthlessly flush them away when 'finished' with them, not so much a 'thank you' or 'fare thee well'.
    Jeffrey