Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My artistical hero's quote

shanyinshanyin Novice YoginSault Ontario Veteran
edited March 2014 in Arts & Writings
"The future of humanity seems predicated based by an unsaid agreement between sexual rewards and obedience to the dictated order of things as derived by the media. If you have refused to participate in this system you have probably already been labelled with some form of mental illness. I ashamed to call myself a member of the human race and if I could choose would never have been born."

A guitar player I idolize posted this on his facebook fan page.

Comments

• shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    I think it's sad but true
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I think it's sad.

But definitely NOT true.

federica said:

I think it's sad.

But definitely NOT true.

:)
  • Do you idolize him for his thoughts, or his guitar playing?
    I think there's something in the psyche of artistic people that amplifies their suffering. As John Lennon said, "Everybody wants an artist on the wall, but nobody wants him in the house."
    I'm not sure.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2014
    "The future of humanity seems predicated based by an unsaid agreement between sexual rewards and obedience to the dictated order of things as derived by the media.
    What the hell does this actually mean, anyway? It's verbal garbage...

I'm trying to ascertain exactly what he's talking about here....

...."The future of humanity seems predicated [declared or affirmed as true or existing] based by an unsaid [unspoken?] agreement between sexual rewards and obedience to the dictated order of things as derived [arisen from or originated in] by the media."

becomes:

The future of humanity seems assured, based by on an unspoken agreement between sexual rewards and obedience to the dictated order of things, as originated by the media.

....Even with etymological or lexical refinement, I'm still not sure what TF he's banging on about.

...He goes on to say:
    If you have refused to participate in this system you have probably already been labelled with some form of mental illness.
    Could we have any candidates for those who have actually 'refused to participate in this system'...? Who is he talking about?
    He must have someone in mind to even mention this...
    I ashamed to call myself a member of the human race and if I could choose would never have been born."
    The temptation is to say 'well don't let the door hitcha....'
    But isn't he a participant?
    unwilling?
    or one of those refusing to participate'?

It's utter and complete nonsense.

Was he high when he said this?
  • betaboybetaboy Veteran
    edited March 2014
    federica said:

He was an artist. What do you think?
    Bunks
  • robotrobot Veteran
    He is wrong because the unsexy people, the crazy ones, get laid too.
    I certainly do.....!

Uh-oh...... TMI.....?! :D )
    Barra
    betaboy said:

federica said:

He was an artist. What do you think?
    The question was duly rhetorical..... ;)

I'm going to be completely honest. He posted it - or at least something like it, over a year and a half ago, and I tried to express it though memory.

He is an extremely skilled and talented guitar player I have been slightly obessed with since 2009 as a guitar player myself.

I have had conversations with him about personal matters about mental health and family issues, which we have both had, and he said things which were less as though he was high.
    So, why do you agree with him?
    I don't know, it's been stuck in my head for a long time. I would start thinking about it and laugh.

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited March 2014
    I think he is saying sex is the opiate of the masses. That's a reference to a russian communist leader iirc. This leader said 'religion is the opiate of the masses'. If what I am saying is true then shanyins guitarist makes sense. Still it's a stretch on being true. A truckload of salt.
    shanyin
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    Steve_B said:

Do you idolize him for his thoughts, or his guitar playing?
    I think there's something in the psyche of artistic people that amplifies their suffering. As John Lennon said, "Everybody wants an artist on the wall, but nobody wants him in the house."

Did he really though?

John Lennon seems to have said a s**t load of this kind of stuff in his lifetime!
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    I can dig what he says.

"Most normal people want to get laid,
    The fastest perceived way to this reward is banking on cultural systems already in place"

The meaningful converse of that "if all people with working sexy parts decided to not put out until the earth was on the way to recovery"

but then of course, as a single planet, yea this is true..

but as an innumerable plenitude of personal experiences of reality...

then you gotta play for the long-run ;D
    shanyin