Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just for fun: the random, useless announcements thread!

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    My son's face swelling has gone down a lot and I'm ready for him to go
    back to school! Tomorrow! hahaha If he's well enough to drive
    me nuts...he's well enough to take notes.... hahaha....I'm going to
    catch up on all the threads I missed.....
    jae
  • You're probably less free to thwack in those encounters.
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    federica said:

I didn't realise he was WITH someone... and this someone gave him such a thwack on the head...!
    "Pick it up!" she instructed him, sharply.

:clap:
  • EvenThirdEvenThird NYC Veteran
    Slight TMI(for you males). My period was a few days late and I was joking around with my partner about praying to the menstruation gods and making a blood shrine with daily blood sacrifice.. all fun and games until my prayers are answered a few hours later. Blood stupa and animal sacrifice coming soon...
    Ethan_McCune
    Yesterday I saw a guillimot which apparently is quite rare in these parts. It was a nice little thing...;)
    lobster
  • Who left the tap on ? I leave the country for five minutes and when I come back its under water !
    jae
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Am available for full-time work and am willing to move. UK only though. Mid-level managerial or Team Leader roles welcomed. Specifically Retail/public service sector. Have worked in the Horticulture industry and Hospitality sectors (Bistro/delicatessen).

Just thought I'd put it out there.
    Hell, if you can't ask your friends..... :)

Anyone hear of anything, please advise me by PM, not on forum.
    Vastmind
  • IT'S A GIRL!!!
    One of my favourite genders. Congratulations. Eh Ma Ho (how wonderful).
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    I am surprising my wife with a card and a box of chocolates tonight as it is ten years today since I asked her out on our first date!

She will have completely forgotten no doubt (we are the odd couple - she is the DIY person around the house and I remember birthdays and anniversaries) but that's cool. I know she'll be excited.
    lobsterHamsakaVastmindYik_Yis_Yii
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    I told my wife she looked gorgeous today, because she did.
    BunksBarrajaelobster
  • BarraBarra soto zennie wandering in a cloud in beautiful, bucolic Victoria BC, on the wacky left coast of Canada Veteran
    My friends have a cat named Kat Mandu. Mandu is her short name.
    JeffreyBunksDharmaMcBum
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Reminds me of the makeshift dug out latrines Lama Surya Das wrote about in the first of his 'Awakening' trilogy books. The novice enthusiasts dug 2: One for the guys and one for the gals. They called them, respectively, Sam and Sara....
    howDharmaMcBumTosh
  • jaejae Veteran
    Cats and decorating don't mix
    DairyLamalobster
    By the time you hear a child say "uh-oh..." it's too late....
    anataman
  • DharmaMcBumDharmaMcBum Spacebus Wheelman York, UK Veteran
    federica said:

By the time you hear a child say "uh-oh..." it's too late....

I prefer it when they gasp in shock then run. It gives me time to finish laughing before I put my stern face on...

jae
    Just for fun random facts indeed...!
  • DharmaMcBumDharmaMcBum Spacebus Wheelman York, UK Veteran
    There was me thinking Geordies were just Scots with their brains kicked out... :P
    ToshBunksDairyLamajae
    I was on the train yesterday and in the UK trains have a quiet coach where you're not allowed to use phones and stuff - it works pretty well most of the time, but there is always one! Yesterday this couple got on and then proceeded to have a very loud conversation about it being a quiet coach....ho hum...;)
    edited March 2014
    I have a Home-Tek rice cooker (model number HT130) and while currently it's working perfectly, at the rate I am using it, I'm going to need spare parts at some point...
    Can't seem to locate either a manufacturer or supplier though so if anyone has any ideas, better luck or suggestions, let me know by PM! Thanx!!!
    (I will try to post a picture later...)
  • jaejae Veteran
    @federica.... good old fashioned saucepan
    Yeah... thanks. Tried that - and it's good for common-or-garden, bog-standard boiled rice. I get that

But for sushi and Thai sticky rice, you can't beat a really good steamer.
    Thanks anyway.
  • I got a rice cooker from freecycle. Preferred hand cooking incidentally.
    http://www.theguardian.com/environment/green-living-blog/2009/oct/13/waste-recycling

Did a green chain walk to test out my new walking boots. After my PDF map would not display, so glad it was well sign posted :)
    http://www.greenchain.com/walking.php

Vastmindjae
  • jaejae Veteran
    Go on spread it..
    BunksVastmind
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    As of today, I've been at New Buddhist for two years. :)
    Bunksjaelobster
    Hippo Abnibursary.... :D
    Nocturnal nature walks! :ninja:

The kids are super excited about a week-end at a
    huge nature park just outside the city!

http://www.shelbyfarmspark.org/
    jaeanataman
    Vastmind said:

Nocturnal nature walks! :ninja:

The kids are super excited about a week-end at a
    huge nature park just outside the city!

http://www.shelbyfarmspark.org/

Nice! You in Memphis @Vastmind?

I spent a weekend there some time ago. I remember eating "pulled pork" at a place called PIG on Beale St and visiting Graceland (which I thoroughly enjoyed even though I am no fan of Elvis).

Have a great weekend!
  • 'am I becoming enlightened and I can make it rain indoors'
    :om:

Reminds me of a scene in the movie 'Wrong', which might appeal . . .
  • CheChe Veteran
    My neighbour just showed me a Buddha's Hand plant he'd cultivated from a seed. I'd never seen one before and was amazed at its configuration. I admired it for a while, gave it a high 27 and left my neighbour with a smile on his face :D
    jae
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    A friend, whom I haven't seen in 5 years, is visiting from Germany. I'm pretty excited! :D

Bad thing is, however, I live in a pretty damn dead city. Aside from places like bookstores, movies, and restaurants, there is really nothing much to do here.
    lobsterJeffrey
  • Bad thing is, however, I live in a pretty damn dead city. Aside from places like bookstores, movies, and restaurants, there is really nothing much to do here.
    Read, watch, eat. Awesome activities aplenty for you and your friend. You will be amazed how the ordinary in a new place is fascinating . . .
    ---
    We saw loads of local frogs and spawn today and fruit trees and bushes being planted by a once dead and polluted river . . .
    DaftChris
    edited March 2014

Had a nice time... (I'll post pics when I figure it out)
    They had an astronomer there that gave us goodies, and
    had a telescope set up. Awesome! A couple of people did
    tents...but too cold for me...hahaha...we crashed on the
    floor in the visitor center. :)

FYI...This week is spring break here for school kids...(south, US)
    I know, way too early, ...anyway..On Wed, the 12th, the
    Brooks Art Museum is having a free sidewalk chalk art festival..

http://www.brooksmuseum.org/Default.aspx?p=68375&evtid=165967

Have fun...do things that make you happy! Enjoy what life
    can offer! Open your mind to new things and new ways of seeing
    people...your heart will do the rest.

EOS ... Make a great day everyone! :)

anatamanlobster
    edited March 2014

Let's try out the attach button...it has appeared. :)

here's pics pertaining to the visit. This is one of the largest
    urban park's in America. I have been dozens of times before...
    but this was the first time sleeping over...
    Breakfast with a lesson on Bison. hahaha
    oh..yes, that's my daughter with her face painted
    like a zebra! haha

@Lincoln
    :thumbup:

• ZaylZayl Veteran

Finally figured out what I want to do in life!

lobster
    edited March 2014

@Zayl - do tell?

Vastmind
    edited March 2014

One of my co-workers gave me this Buddha pen (red one)..
    for my 15 year work anniversary.

:) I love it!
    Thanks Robin!!
    I used it all day yesterday!

http://www.pier1.com/Elephant-Buddha-Pens/2677570,default,pd.html

• ZaylZayl Veteran
    edited March 2014

@Bunks

I want to do tours on my motorbike. I've been watching some moto-vloggers, where they have a camera mounted on their helmet. This one guy went from north of London all the way to Barcelona to the Circuit de Catalunya for a few days to drive about on the race track. Along the way he experiences bad weather, meets many interesting people, spends hours alone with his thoughts (that he narrates for the camera) rides through stunning scenery, discovers things about himself, and in general just has an adventure. I've always had quite a bit of wanderlust, and this seems like the perfect hobby.

Here's a trailer for his video.

BunksDharmaMcBum
  • and in general just has an adventure.

Sounds like a plan. Maybe you could follow a dharma circuit. Stopping off at monasteries to get a spot of insight?

I walked to a local Buddhist pogoda today and took pics from it of people enjoying the sun . . .

Bunksanataman
  • ZaylZayl Veteran

@lobster that's actually a brilliant idea. Maybe even spend a day there to save money on hotels, haha. I'd clean and do chores around the temple, no free rides for me thanks.

• shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran

Nebraska is a good movie!

@shanyin

Just watched the trailer. Does look like a good film!

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    edited March 2014

Who's the sugar daddy with the the sugar baby @lobster?

• robotrobot Veteran

@Zayl said:
    Finally figured out what I want to do in life!

I spent the last three winters touring in SE Asia. Cheap and easy fun.
    I love the little bikes.