Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Right Action

BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I believe the girl I sit next to at work has her jumper (sweater) on back to front this morning.

Do I (quietly) point this out to her?

We are quite friendly with each other.

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

If it were me, I would appreciate the heads up. Nothing is worse than going home and realizing you went the entire day with something amiss and knowing no one bothered to tell you.

BunksKundo
  • ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran
    edited May 2014

"(Excuse me, but) I think your sweater might be on backwards."

lobster
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I just told her....she was very embarrassed but thanked me.

Funnily enough another girl sitting near us did exactly the same thing yesterday!!

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Sometimes when I get up when it's dark in the morning, I put my hooded sweatshirt on backwards and almost suffocate myself, so, they are doing better than me!

BunksmisterCope
  • I would do it with a funny smile. I find that giving a funny smile makes everything friendly.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Funnily enough another girl sitting near us did exactly the same thing yesterday!!

Did not realise it was contagious, maybe the jumpers are on right and the people are back to front.

Even though Buddhists are not their bodies, their clothes or their possesions, many of us are . . .

Oh well. Onward.

BunksBuddhadragonmisterCope
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I did that once, and someone told me...

I replied I never knew whether I was coming or going.......!

BuddhadragonKundo
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Bunks said:

Is there a secret society here? :p

karastiBuddhadragon
  • CittaCitta Veteran

Going to work wearing odd socks was OK.
    I realised however that I needed to practise ' mindfulness of dressing 'when I wondered why one leg had grown longer than the other and realised that I was wearing one lace up shoe and one slip-on.

lobsteranataman
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Must learn to dress more appropriately . . .

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    edited May 2014

I just went out to post a letter and walked my wife to the train station as it's on the route. I must have been really distracted by the conversation, as I've just walked through the door and pulled the letter out of my pocket ... :rolleyes: ... I guess I need to practice mindfulness of intention, and I might eventually do the right action...

I think it is the secret society of the distracted @SpinyNorman. I also didn't realise you had a sequel @SpinyNorman2. There I go again, distracting myself with silly thoughts... :D ...

• footiamfootiam Veteran

@Bunks said:
    I believe the girl I sit next to at work has her jumper (sweater) on back to front this morning.

Do I (quietly) point this out to her?

We are quite friendly with each other.

Last time, I had this experience with a friend whose fly was open and we were in the middle of a dinner with a big group of strangers. I said I wanted to go to the loo to pee and invited him along, asking him to show me the way.

Kundo