Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sayings

14567810»

Comments

• MeisterBobMeisterBob Mindful Agnathiest CT , USA Veteran
    edited May 2014

“Only that day dawns to which we are awake.”

Henry David Thoreau

Cheshanyin
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran

I picked something at random from "A TREE IN A FOREST" a collection of saying by Ajahn Chah

When you see things in the world like banana peels that have no great value for you, then you're free to walk in the world without being moved, without being bothered, without being hurt in any way by all of the various kinds of thingss that come and pass away, whether pleasant or unpleasant. This is the path that leads you to freedom.

Chelobster

"Perhaps the most "spiritual" thing any of us can do is simply to look through our own eyes, see with eyes of wholeness, and act with integrity and kindness":
    Jon Kabot-Zinn

Chelobster
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran

Many of those who come to see me have a high standing in the community. Among them are merchants, college graduates, teachers, and government officials. Their minds are filled with opinions about things. They are too clever to listen to others. It is like a cup of water. If a cup is filled with stale, dirty water, it is useless. Only after the old water is thrown out can the cup become useful. You must empty your minds of opinions, then you will see. Our practice goes beyond cleverness and stupidity. If you think that you are clever, wealthy, important, or an expert in Buddhism, you cover up the truth of non-self. All you will see is self - I am mine. But Buddhism is letting go of self. Those who are too clever will never learn. They must first rid themselves of their cleverness, first empty their "cup."

Chelobster
  • CheChe Veteran

"If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies in yourself"

Native American Proverb

shanyinMeisterBobVastmind

"Reality is an illusion albeit a very persistent one"
    Albert Einstein

shanyin
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

VastmindChe

More of an affirmation that a saying ...

Through us (and perhaps other sentient beings) the universe is conscious. Today I will add kindness to the consciousness of the universe.

lobsterCheJeffrey
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran

In growing up we should maintain responsibility for ourselves yet never lose sight of the wonder that is this life.

lobsterVastmindCheJeffrey
  • CheChe Veteran
    edited May 2014

"Happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to yourself and others"

The Buddha

Jeffrey
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

On that excellent note, as this thread is quite long, the OP and I have agreed that a fresh thread is in order. Contribute there, and continue to share and enjoy.

Thanks for all contributions here.

This discussion has been closed.