Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Suttas - remodelled

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited May 2014 in General Banter
This discussion was created from comments split from: Lojong Practice: Stop trying to figure him out!.

The field is open for further.... contributions....

Comments

• CinorjerCinorjer Veteran
    edited May 2014

@lobster said:
    I understand why sometimes people say I am cryptic. ...
    In the words of the Buddha:

Have a nice day. Oh wait he never said that . . . ah well, back to Mr Cushion . . .

Heh. No Buddha would have said, "There are five attributes, oh monks, that a person may use to describe the day. And what attributes are that? They are very bad, bad, so-so, tiring, and nice..." and a half dozen verses later, you'd find out it's best to have the nice one.

I just love those old sutras designed for oral recitation.

lobsterGlowBuddhadragon
  • GlowGlow Veteran

@Cinorjer said:
    Heh. No Buddha would have said, "There are five attributes, oh monks, that a person may use to describe the day. And what attributes are that? They are very bad, bad, so-so, tiring, and nice..." and a half dozen verses later, you'd find out it's best to have the nice one.

I would love to see a book of parodies of the suttas like that, haha!

Buddhadragon
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

My version of the Buddha's last words:
    "With mindfulness, stroll on..." ;)