Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Happy Summer / Winter Solstice

BunksBunks Australia Veteran
Happy Summer Solstice to my fellow Southerners and Happy Winter Solstice to my Northern friends!

May all living beings have happiness and its causes.

May all living beings be free of suffering and its causes.

May all living beings not be separated from sorrowless bliss.

May all living beings abide in equanimity, free of bias, attachment and anger.
lobsterJeffreySarahTStraight_ManToshRhodianfedericaNerimaRowan1980VanilliBuddhadragonShoshinkarasti

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Woo -hoo! The days now get longer!! YAY!!!

SarahTNerimaRowan1980karasti
  • SarahTSarahT Time ... space ... joy South Coast, UK Veteran

"Solstice" - sun still. Ain't that beautiful? Noticed this evening looking at a beautiful sunset how far south the sun was. Thought solstice was 22nd ... good to know that I was looking at it this evening <3

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    edited December 2014
    Where are you @SarahT?

I think the Solstice crosses the 21st and 22nd.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

She's on the little-known Planet Gooranova, in the constellation of Betelgeuse.
    I should know, I have to deliver her milk three times a week....

(She's in the UK, like I am....) :D

SarahTNerima
  • SarahTSarahT Time ... space ... joy South Coast, UK Veteran
    edited December 2014

Got you fooled, hey @federica ;)<3

Just checked:

When is the December solstice?

December Solstice in London, England, United Kingdom is on
    Sunday, 21 December 2014, 23:03 GMT (Change city)

December Solstice in Universal Coordinated Time is on
    Sunday, 21 December 2014, 23:03 UTC

Local times for December Solstice 2014 worldwide
    Sunrise, sunset and daylength around December Solstice 2014
    Day and Night map for December Solstice 2014

-- http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/december-solstice.html

Bunks

Damn...I actually thought TODAY was the 21st..... I really should check my laptop time better.....

SarahTRhodian
  • RhodianRhodian Loser Veteran

Actually winter is quite nice, I am starting to enjoy it even though with my rheumatoid arthritis I walk like a old man, or a young man with a girlfriend that is into heavy bondage.

Bunkslobsterupekkasndymorn

LMAO!! I'm sorry, we shouldn't laugh - but @Rhodian‌, really - that WAS funny....

It's a beautiful day here. Nudging 20c already at 9am with an expected top of 32. Might fill the pool for the kids.

@federica said:

Can't remember the book I read I think it was Thich Nhat Hanh who wrote that people that meditate, are not so serious. But can also laugh with they're shortcommings or problems etc. :) I want to strive for that.

@Bunks said:
    It's a beautiful day here. Nudging 20c already at 9am with an expected top of 32. Might fill the pool for the kids.

>

Do you honestly want a smacked bottom? Go to your room!

Bunks
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran

Well, @Rhodian, we ALL have shortcomings. I have a bad heart, and a artificial hip due to N-Stage (bone on bone) arthritis making it needed. I would be unable to walk at all without an artificial hip joint in my right hip.

upekka

Even wearing glasses is a minor disability. There is a defect to a part of your body, an organ that doesn't work as it once did, or should. You require some form of corrective apparatus in order to render your day safe, and manageable.
    Some sight disabilities are far worse than others.
    How many people here wear glasses? Then technically speaking, you have a disability.

edited December 2014

@‌Federica

I found out on my drive exam I needed glasses... It was a pain because the examinator would let me follow signs which I could not read. I didn't know I had such an issue with reading. Well I knew it because in school I couldn't stuff on the board far away but I thought that was because I was so far away always,

But right now I sometimes roll with glasses, and I do not even care. Though my motto is to use them always when driving or going to the zoo or watching tv, but not so much when doing most stuff.

Sorry this is going off at a bit of a tangent, @Bunks‌, no offence...... How's the pool looking? :D

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran
    edited December 2014

Huntington Beach yesterday afternoon:

High: 64 degrees F

Bunks
  • Happy Winter Solstice. I wish I can do 108 sun salutations, or light 108 candles. Ok. I lit 9 candles. That's better than nothing. http://www.elephantjournal.com/2010/02/why-108-sun-salutations/

Buddhadragonupekkalobster
    Empty and dirty. Definitely need a sweep out before filling.
    upekkaSarahT
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

We were watching the FIFA Club World Cup last night, between Argentine team San Lorenzo and Spanish team Real Madrid.

The players from Argentina (Southern hemisphere) were all suntanned, and the players from Real Madrid (Northern hemisphere) were all pale.

I miss Summer... :|

yes, all 9 days of it, feels like.....

SarahT

It still looks like this......ho hum!

POOL.jpg 116.7K
    edited December 2014

Oh Jeesh, I was expecting a huge vari-depth long whole-back-yard pool!!

Ha ha! Na. $289 from the local pool shop. Put it up yourself job.

• Winter solstice inspired pics I took yesterday around Tower Bridge . . .

Happy Soltice

BunksSarahT
  • New Moon Solstice here

Bunks