Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

We are lucky

NamadaNamada Veteran
edited December 2014 in General Banter

Hi Folks

What are the chanses for being born as a human being?

I think its like winning in lottery, imagine all the thrillions of diffrent inscets, animals, and bacteria there are in this world.

Maybe in your next life you will be born as a worm, cow, horse, bird or even an ugly ghost. So if you are born as a nice worm, remember to keep up your duities and smile, let go and dont be angry, take care of your mother and father, you will then maybe be born as a snail. And like this it goes, build your way up to human state again with good karma.

So we are lucky for being born as humans! We won the golden ticket so use your life for a good purpose and dont take anything for granted.

Or will we come back again as humans and dont need to "hurry"?

JeffreyEarthninjaBarraBunks

Comments

• ToshTosh Veteran
    edited December 2014

I think a belief in rebirth can be useful. Sometimes I think it's easier to be kinder towards a future self than it is to be towards this current one.

I sometimes do taking and giving meditation with an imaginary 'me' in front of me; that's easy to do.

But obviously to be kind to a future self, I have to be kind to this current one.

So rebirth can be a useful belief for me. Whether it's true or not, I probably don't really think it is.

Namadammo
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

You were lucky!

NamadaSarahTShoshin
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran
    I am lucky because I'm alive, in good health, surrounded by people I love and with all my basic needs met.
    If I were a cicada, I'd probably be happy too.
    What do we know?
    silverSarahTEarthninjaHamsaka
  • I don't know if I'm lucky or not since I have nothing to compare this experience to.

DairyLamaHamsaka
  • NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited December 2014

Not easy to know what will happen after death.

Ajahn Brahm could see his past lifes during meditation, have any one experienced this? What was you before you came here as human?

• EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran
    I for one don't want to be born again. Whether a concept or not It helps me want out.

As humans we have the ability to self inquire, to see through the illusions of reality.
    We just have to find a reason to do so. If this happends. I say we are lucky.
    Telly03
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    I'm not sure what a worm feels or if it could be aware of its own existence but if so I'd like to think I'd be thankful for the chance.

If I am going to go back and forth then why not try to experience as much as possible?

I don't know if I want to experience what it's like to be a rock though. If time passes for a rock, it must be such a boring existence.

Maybe a nice, tall tree. It would be nice to be sustained by my surroundings without that much effort on my part. Taking in energy from the sun, rain and earth so I can nurture others with oxygen and my seeds...

But yeah, ok, I am lucky to be alive at any rate and human is as good as anything I guess.

But now, enough daydreaming and back to the laundry. Seriously, I'm now late for my friggin laundry.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Namada said: .....Ajahn Brahm could see his past lifes during meditation, have any one experienced this? What was you before you came here as human?

>

I'm very pleased for Ajahn Brahm and his experiences. But they were his, and nobody else's, and as such, seem to be confined to those whose practice is exceptional and unique.

Such claims should be taken with a pinch of salt, in my opinion.
    They are unverifiable, and the best thing is to continue to work with what you have, right now.

Namada
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran

Came across this in the Tibetan Book of the Dead:

Now, having obtained a precious human body,
    I do not have the luxury of remaining on a distracted path.

EarthninjaBuddhadragon