Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

New emoticons?

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator
edited January 2015 in NewBuddhist.com

I kinda like these "Rice" guys more than the default ones. What do you think?

//edit: Changed again, see below.

Rowan1980

Comments

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited January 2015

Or is it more like :sick:

Bunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I like them better too. The other emoticons seems so.... inapropriate, in that they don't convey adequately. These are nice tho'.... :)

• HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

They're a little pale. They're "OK" in an anime' kind of way.

• :pirate:

I iz pirate!

Hamsaka
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

you iz :crazy:

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited January 2015

iz
    :wink:

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

:+1:

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Too insipid for me, I prefer the old ones. Could you pinch the ones off Dhamma Wheel, they have a good set there? ;)

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

White on white is hard on the eyes ..... 8-)

Yeah, and I keep thinking there's a mark on my screen. ;)

~rub~rub~rub~......

edited January 2015

Let's try another: How about "Little"?

:awesome::chuffed::hurrah::dizzy::bawling::blush:

Hamsaka

Oh now, those I really like!! :bleep_bloop:

('bleep_bloop'...?!)

@federica I think bleep_bloop is for reporting bugs, lol. "You know, the bleep bloop broke".

Ah ok... :D I think I'll pass that one onto @SpinyNorman ...I don't think he's entirely happy with the :bleep_bloop: quotes function!!

Better, but could you enlarge them slightly?

edited January 2015

Probably can't make them larger without making them blurry. I can ask the author for a 20% larger set, but I can't guarantee that'll happen.

• B)

Prefer green to rice white <3

Nice set.

aaarrrrghhh!!!!
    :skull:

There are some design constraints that don't allow them to be scaled up by less than double, which would be a bit silly, so 15px they must stay.

Zooming the screen helps... (I'm surprised I can do that...! :awesome: )

• DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited January 2015

I like the old ones, but with a few added. We need a "namaste" praying hands one, a rolling-on-the-floor-laughing one, and a few others. We need the thumbs-up one back.

But thanks for shopping around, and including us in the decision!

vinlynSarahTKundo

Psst, a mate of mine just 'appens to have laid 'is 'ands on nice set of emoticons, top quality and 'ardly used, should fit 'in 'ere nicely with a bit of jiggling....I'll see 'ow much 'e wants for 'em...

HamsakaSarahTanataman
  • <3 OK, these are kinda cute. How do we expand the little window, to see the full range of choices?

if you want to use "confused", space after the word, colon type c.

:confused:

press any letter of the alphabet after the colon and it gives you a choice of emoticons containing that letter...

:c = chuffed, cry, scream, confused, confounded....

• Interesting. Sounds like fun. Thanks.

edited January 2015

:hurrah: ..... I like the "littles" ... :)

:smiley: <---- There I am !!!!

lobster
  • We is emoticons?

No self in pictograms?

Too profound for this little guy . . . :dizzy:

Vastmindanataman
  • HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

I like! They are a little small but big juicy emoticons are distracting. I think (ahem) for a Buddhist forum, our 'emotions' ought to be tidy, compact yet colorful, and expressive but not dominating. I think the little green guys are a winner.

• @Hamsaka said:
    I like! They are a little small but big juicy emoticons are distracting. I think (ahem) for a Buddhist forum, our 'emotions' ought to be tidy, compact yet colorful, and expressive but not dominating. I think the little green guys are a winner.

They're so small, though, they're kinda hard to see. My eyes are getting old.

Hamsaka

I just zoom the screen by 10%.
    Jeesh, it's no big deal....

(Didja see what I did there....? :chuffed: )

I can't be arsed and always use a wink ;)

:tongue:

;)

:tongue: (30-all....)

• DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited January 2015

@federica said:
    I just zoom the screen by 10%.
    Jeesh, it's no big deal....

(Didja see what I did there....? :chuffed: )

Oh, zoom the screen? How do I do that?

Fede, yours is called "chuffed". What is that? Is that a Brit term? We're so multicultural here...
    ;)

OK, now that, above, is supposed to be a wink, but I don't see the little green guy winking.

edited January 2015

@Dakini said:

On Chrome the settings menu is at the top right hand corner - zoom's in there.

'Chuffed" means 'really pleased, thrilled" as in, 'I'm dead chuffed I passed my exam, I am!' :chuffed:

Try 'colon w'... :wink:

• DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited January 2015

@SpinyNorman said:
    On Chrome the settings menu is at the top right hand corner - zoom's in there

I have a Mac. I'm not finding a zoom function. Sounds cool, though. I'll ask my Mac guy.

So the little greenies are Brits? Like Blue Meanies, but friendlier? :)

To me they look like mutant peas...

VastmindsilverSarahT

Do you have chrome on your mac? I'm using a MacBook. On my page, there's a 'spanner' or wrench top-right....?

• No, I guess I don't have Chrome. What is it, a new search-engine, like Safari and Firefox?

Chrome has been around a while, it's often an alternative to Internet Explorer. I find it quite user-friendly.

edited January 2015

@Dakini said:
    No, I guess I don't have Chrome. What is it, a new search-engine, like Safari and Firefox?

Yes, it's very recent. it was only launched in 2008..... :D

BunksVastmindSarahT
  • I think the emoticons look like little boogers with faces haha

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

If you have a Mac and use the zoom function regularly, and the emoticons still look cool double-sized - just do the apple (command) function and + when you are in a browser - and wowser - NB threads are magically transformed into something more comfortable to the aged folk. To go back to normal apple (command) function and 0 (zero); apple (command) function and - to reduce zoom function in steps!

My eyesight is suffering from presbytarianism or is it presbyopia, can't be bothered to look up as am about to go and lie down and dream weirder dreams than this 'real-life' has to offer. OMG I've just re-remembered my lucid dream from this morning - you wouldn't believe it, I didn't until I woke up in it whilst rushing, and then falling down stairs in a panic as my son was being called in for a homework inquisition (i.e. he failed to do it , and it was all my fault!!!!! :anguished: )

Thank god it's all just an illusion - "Thankwho? I hear the NB community scream" - OMG I'm in another lucid dream/meme/gene/scream/theme but with a really cool team!

...\lol/...

edited January 2015

Hey!! The little pea emoticon worked in an OP of mine...they used to not show up in the original post, remember? ..... Yah!!!!

• Very cool! And very helpful. :awesome:

=)