Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Clinging ego projections make me tired.

How you guys deal with ego clinging of non-practicioners? I'm proberly still too attached in my own way but people can get me so TIRED sometimes. Their ego feels like super gravity pulling my soul down.

Compassion helps kinda, but not always. I'm still pretty young (31) but I grow more and more into sollitude by choice like some old crazy monk on a mountain-top.

I allready switched jobs several years ago into a security guard. I can work alone at night most of the time now.

I do have a girlfriend and a son. But sometimes I want to leave them and just meditate and....be (empty). This feels like THE ultimate goal in life. I
love them both very much thats not the Problem.

Western Busy ego life and ego people do not compute with Buddhism it
seems.
Give me Some insight my dear Sangha. The fate of the universe depends on it.

Comments

• Will_BakerWill_Baker Vermont Veteran

It might helpful to consider who is doing what to whom...

Earthninja
  • NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited March 2015

The world is not perfect even if you live on a mountain top, you can have some ugly goats there aswell, making much sounds, where do you go then? To the moon?
    It depends what you put in the middle of what you see/hear and the object...
    is it acceptens or do you "hate" the object?

use your visdom and concentration and dont listen to much to the monkey mind,
    mokey mind clings to dislike and likes...so dont follow it.

BunksEarthninjaHamsaka
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Your tiredness, and your 'compassion' are YOUR projections.

See, if your 'Compassion' is underlined by "Jeesh, I am getting SO pissed off with this!" then, it's not compassion. It's 'Look, I'm trying to be nice and compassionate, see? But really, I'm reaching the end of my tether.'

Compassion has no judgement.
    And you MUST be judging, or you wouldn't be growing 'tired' of it all.

I hate to say it, but you're looking at it the wrong way.

It's not Ego projection.

It's 'Suffering'.

Try beginning to understand that all these Egoic manifestations are really Suffering being articulated in a different way.....

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Sounds like you need to get into some mischief or trouble - you will appreciate then - what you HAVE NOW. The word grace pops into my head just now. <3

• NeleNele Veteran

Drive all blames into one.

Buddhadragonsova
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Nele said:
    Drive all blames into one.

Yes... in any case, all roads lead to 'Om'....

thegoldeneternity
  • Rowan1980Rowan1980 Keeper of the Zoo Asheville, NC Veteran
    Quite frankly, I remind myself that I'm just as much of a mental mess and bogged down with ignorance, attachment, and anger as the next person--sometimes even more so!
    VastmindkarastiBuddhadragon
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    I find it doesn't affect me too much unless they're sitting in my livingroom and can't take the hint.

Sometimes it's best just to let them have their moment... It isn't going to last forever.
  • EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran
    @iamthezenmaster I feel the same way with the solitude. I go for walks as far away from people as I can. It just helps with just being. I work a really busy job as a personal trainer so I really value solitude.

I heard a story about a westerner who went I to meditation as a hermit for 6 months in Thailand.
    One day he had to go fill out his visa, he was sent to about 7 different cues and he had to redo his visa.
    Well he lost it and went into a rage. At that point he realised he wasn't enlightened.

Nothing outside of you has any power to annoy you or irritate you. It's YOU who gives the power away.
    Anybody can feel peaceful in tranquility and quietness. We should be able to feel the same in a crowd. That's our practice!

Keep at it!
    Rowan1980nakazcidBunks
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited March 2015

@iamthezenmaster

Clinging ego projections simply describes the dream that Buddhist are trying to awaken from.
    While yes, that is the ultimate goal, trying to do that anywhere other than where you now are in this moment, is just more daydreaming.

Earthninja
  • HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

My last job in the hospital (I'm a nurse) ended up being a daily struggle with other people's egos :( Even though I 'knew better' I couldn't DO better. It still got to me and drove me batcrap up the wall. Totally exhausting!

Now I work one on one with patients in their homes. No other nurses in sight. The relief is just as wonderful as I was afraid it would be :dizzy:

I still see, and know, that this exhaustion and difficulty lies within ME, and is MY problem as long as it still is a problem. Slowly but surely as my self-centeredness dissolves (molecule by molecule dammit) so does the 'difficulty' with other people's egos :)

It's a club I wouldn't want to join on principle. But I'm a card carrying member :D

ShoshinRowan1980
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

"How you guys deal with ego clinging of non-practicioners? "

By example.....

Rowan1980
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

What can I say?
    I am a snobbish city-slicker stuck in a village full of prejudiced, xenophobic country-bumpkins.
    Or that is probably the way we view each other through the lenses of our personal biases and idiosyncracies.

Since I am a firm believer in the "Nirvana in Samsara" deal, I try to remind myself that prejudice and ignorance is a two-way street.
    If I am able to get over the projection of my own prejudice that I do on my neighbours, eventually their reading on me will also improve.
    These are the people I'm stuck with. This is my home and my universe.
    These people are my Dharma practice and my personal koan.

No use changing landscape or environment, because I'll carry my limitations and shortcomings with me wherever I go.
    Buddhadharma is not wisdom that can't be taken beyond the walls of a monastery: it is everyday portable pocket knowledge that works anywhere, anytime.
    If it doesn't, I am the one to blame, not Buddhadharma.

Rowan1980BunksHamsaka
  • How you guys deal with ego clinging of non-practicioners?

Tee hee. Great advice but rightly so, no sympathy. Cause of tired response found. Solution found. Universe saved.

LONG LIVE THE HINAYANA!

Time for some cruising . . .

• howhow Veteran Veteran

@iamthezenmaster

How you guys deal with ego clinging of non-practicioners?

Don't expect the ego clinging of practitioners to be different from non-practitioners.
    Fearlessly explore what there is within you that any Ego can cling to or tire out.
    Accept that such a Dharma is custom designed for you to resolve
    the very foundations of all your conditioned behaviors.

Rowan1980RodrigolobsterHamsaka