Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Return Of The Son Of Meditation Music - Part Deux

buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
edited July 2005 in Sanghas
In case anyone is even remotely interested in some music that you would want to meditate to - I'm putting some up that I did at home.

I found that I just wanted something that had some repetition to drown out anything else that might have been going on while I wanted to meditate.

If you find any elements that you particularly like - I can increase these or just make a track out of a certain rhythm that you like.

I'll be putting up 3 or 4 of these - just in case anyone wants to use them and share them with others.

The site to download them at is: www.claymohr.com/meditation there just Right Click / Save As on the file to download it to your computer.

I'm uploading the first one right now - so it might not be done for 10 or 15 minutes.

Michael

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited July 2005
    Okay... so I lied. It took more than 15 minutes. But, one of them is done now.

Michael
  • edited July 2005
    Thanks for doing this. I can't wait to check this out when I get home.
    edited July 2005
    It's nothing fantastic. Just a lot of repetition that I made to drown out other noises going on in the house. I've got three more if anyone is interested. It's about 15 minutes long and slows throughout the progression.

Michael
    edited July 2005
    Okay, gang.

Here are the other two "meditation" mp3 files I said I would upload. Hope you enjoy them. If you don't enjoy them - I hope you don't think they're stupid and hate me for it. :)

They are big files - so depending on your connection, you could be downloading them for awhile. They are what I use for meditation - so I wanted something longer than a 3 minute "tune". They're all about 15 to 20 MB.

Michael

www.claymohr.com/meditation
  • edited July 2005
    Thank you for these! I listened to them and tried one last night while meditating. I do enjoy meditating in silence, but think I will use these once in a while. Thanks!
  • ZenLunaticZenLunatic Veteran
    edited July 2005
    What software/instruments do you use?
    edited July 2005
    you are very welcome, ym.

michael
    edited July 2005
    Zen,

For these, I used a program called Cool Edit Pro. It's a piece of software I used to record tunes I write for the band I'm in.

There is a way to make sound files that can be looped. At one time I downloaded a bunch of royalty-free loop files from many types of music. In the world folder there were these files. I just looped a bunch of them together - tweaked the sounds a little bit, added reverb or echo - removed reverb or echo - and voila.

It was really easy to do and didn't take much time at all - that's why it was no big deal to do them.

Michael

P.S. although I do have a tabla at home i can't play worth a crap :)