Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Update on Thay's recovery-- Feb 19

Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran
edited February 2015 in Buddhism Today

Thay continues to recover, had a cup of tea with his attendants, is learning sign language and developing some ways of silently communicating.

http://plumvillage.org/news/an-update-on-thays-health-19-feb/

lobsterNamadaHamsakaDairyLamaCinorjernakazcid

Comments

• The language of signs.

Tea. Developing Attendants. Sounds like a plan . . .

Good news. Thanks for sharing <3

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran

Welcome. <3

• HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

Thanks for posting his update :)

At first, I thought "what a sadness this great teacher's voice can't be heard" and as I read further, that went out the window. He's still teaching as much as ever, and it reminds me all the words in the world aren't 'it' :)

karasti
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

The Buddha once taught without saying a word, by merely holding up a flower....

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Hamsaka said:> At first, I thought "what a sadness this great teacher's voice can't be heard" and as I read further, that went out the window. He's still teaching as much as ever, and it reminds me all the words in the world aren't 'it' :)

Yes, and he's greatly loved, and rightly so.

• @Straight_Man it is good to know. people do recover from strokes. there is no doubt in my mind he will remain amongst us for a very long time.
  • Rowan1980Rowan1980 Keeper of the Zoo Asheville, NC Veteran
    That's the second bit of awesome news I heard today! Yay! :chuffed: Coincidentally, I'm reading "No Mud, No Lotus" right now.