Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A bit of a hiatus

edited April 2007 in Sanghas
Hello Everyone!
Let me start off by saying I have missed being here!
I took a bit of a hiatus as many new events have appeared.. I am happy to say, they are all good events!
I have reinvented by authoring passion and have joined with a professional author who serves as my mentor. I have a few works completed and hope to be published soon!

I haven't read too much in the Buddhist genre as I wanted to live by what I already learned. I felt I was trying too much at one time..I ended up confused. So now I feel that I have become comfortable with what I know and am now ready to take on more!!!:hair:

Sharpiegirl

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited April 2007
    Welcome back, Sharpiegirl. Hope you find what you need here and stick around a while.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2007
    SharpieGirl!!! So glad you're back!! It's been ages. It's so good to see you again.

How wonderful that you're writing! My father's always pressuring me to start writing but I just don't have the bug, or the fire in my belly. I wish I did though because it's such a wonderful way to communicate what's going on inside our heads and there's SO much potential for helping others through writing. I'm a compulsive reader, I always have to have a couple of books on the go, which is probably why my father thinks I'd make a good writer. But I just don't have the motivation for it. I admire people who take an active role in communication instead of the passive, lazy role I take. lol! Best of luck and if you ever feel like sharing you know where you can find me!

Love,
    Boo
  • edited April 2007
    Thanks for the warm welcome back!
    I feel relieved to be back and now wonder...why did I break?? But like I said, I needed to live my words rather than just have them floating in my head. I t was great because a great friend of mine was going through some tough times. What I learned here and through reading, I shared with her. I think and so she says, my 'wisdom' (lol) has helped her a great deal!

Boo...is that your new nickname?

My writing right now is for children. Most of the work I have started is on environmental
    issues. That is a passion of mine...the trouble is...it's a passion for many...so publishers are somewhat bombarded on the issue. So I am focusing more on multiple themes inside a book....I have to say..I am loving it!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2007
    Hi, Sharpie.

Boo was the nickname I got when I was a baby and I figured I'd use it because I feel at home here and it's also easier to type. lol!

Writing for kids? That sounds great, and a perfect fit for you too. I love children's books and a friend of mine from university started collecting the best ones when she was working at a toy store. When we needed to unwind from the grind of course work we'd escape to her house and pull out piles and piles of children's books and read to our heart's content. I love all the beautiful illustrations too. I hope you have a wonderful time writing and great success publishing.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited April 2007
    Welcome back! :)
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, welcome back. I find such cycles entirely natural. For a while you're really intense, then you need to back off for a while, then you come back. I go through such cycles all the time.

Palzang
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2007
    Hya Sharpie! Hugs!! :om:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2007
    Not wishing to hyjack the thread, but it seemed an appropriate place to post this....

Sharpie's back..(*hooryay!! Three cheers!!*)

..But I am off on a well-earned break until the 18th, so I sha'n't be around a lot, if at all...I might be able to find a cybercafe for a quick "ciao folks" but it's doubtful...
    So I'll see you all around the 19th!!

Hugs, metta and much love to you all.
    behave yerselves whilst I am gorn!!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2007
    We will, Fede. have a good time during you're well deserved break!
  • edited April 2007
    I sure hope you are having yourself a good time.
    I just returned from an Easter spring break with my mother. The two of us drove down south to the state of Florida. After 18 hours in the car we arrived to rain and a mistakenly canceled reservation!:angry:
    But fortunately, there was an available room. But the weather didn't break until the day before we left!:banghead:
    But nonetheless, Mom and I had a great time, I did a lot of reading, writing and painting!!!:D

Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone!!