Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Always Another Challenge

In life, there is always another challenge. Some are large and some are small. Some are apparent and others not so.
I have faced many challenges and had many victories. I have also been taken to the mat on a number of occasions. But I have always gotten back up and reengaged in the fight.

Now, one more challenge lumbers up: the imminent death of my older brother. He was diagnosed with throat cancer over four years ago and given six month to live then. Yes, it is a great victory that he has survived over four years. He is a warrior! But that victory is tempered by the unalterable fact that the clock has run out.

I could easily find somewhere to suffer and cry. I could deny the reality. I could do many things. But I choose to cover him with what some might call "Dharma Bullets" - my Buddhist prayers cascading his way for his his peace and his victory, even and especially in death.

The loss and grief are real. There will be the tears, but they will not dominate. My determination to make this a moment of victory and not a moment of defeat is solid.
This is his karma, and mine. Life will go on as it always does. Ultimately, I will celebrate his life and pray that he has a fortunate and fruitful reemergence in his next emanation.

Never be overcome by the vicissitudes of life for they are the stepping stones for your advancement.

Peace to all.

robotlobsterWalkerShoshinEarthninjapegembaraVastmindmmoJasonStraight_Man

Comments

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Peace to your brother and all who love him.

rohit
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

With you all the way, any way, @Lionduck . Been there, know the score.
    Stay with it.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

<3

• Always Another Challenge

yes O.o

We feel it should be this way ...

It ain't.

I hope many like me, will send prayers and goodwill <3

Walker
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Metta <3

lobstermmo
  • EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran

@Lionduck he sounds like a true warrior, I'm sorry and thanks for sharing. It must be hard, <3
    Metta to him, you and your family.

• <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Earthninja
  • Thank you. Blessings to your brother, you and family.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} @Lionduck. Much love and Compassion to you.

lobster
  • Thanks for sharing. Great victory <3<3<3

silverEarthninja
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

You're awesome, @Lionduck!

lobsterEarthninja
  • "There is no such thing as an ending; just a place where you leave the story."

lobstersilvermmoEarthninja
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

<3<3<3o:)

lobster
  • A candle burned bright
    Lighting the darkness
    Warming hearts
    Then, flickering briefly
    Went out
    Yet the light remains

VastmindEarthninjaZero

Nice poem....

It's like staring at a candle-flame in the dark... really intently... then closing your eyes.... and you still see the image, albeit in reverse, and you just keep 'observing' this image, until it slowly, comfortably fades, and everything is dark... but put your hand out, and the warmth your hand feels tells you the candle is still there....

• EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran

Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond glints on snow,
    I am the sun on ripened grain,
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning's hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there; I did not die.

Source: Mary Elizabeth Frye

ShoshinVastmindLionduck
  • ZeroZero Veteran

My condolences to you and your family.

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran

But a few ideas of comfort going your way.

• Thank you all. <3<3<3