Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Opinions, ignorance and Truth

As an ignorant semi-Buddhist I am quite happy to extoll the virtues of the bad gals and boys of dharma who throw convention to the dharma dogs ...
http://www.tsemrinpoche.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/buddhas-dharma/vajradhara-and-84-mahasiddhas.html

Meanwhile we beginners (must be a new day, with new beginnings) try to separate Buddhism from mythology and Hinayana orthodoxy from those ignorant vajrayana rebel rabble.

Maybe I just need a new cushion and a change of Heart? Suggestions and insights to the usual opinionated authorities [Lobster prepares non offensive listening cushion] as plan!

silverSteve_BTony_A_SimienBunksEarthninjaShoshinDandelion

Comments

• Definitely one of your very best cushions.

Earthninja
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I second that emotion.....

• mmmmmm good

Earthninjalobster
  • EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran

The hardest thing to do sometimes is be honest with ourselves.

A catholic mystic used to start his retreats with this.
    "Let's get one thing straight for this retreat to work, we are all a bunch of completely selfish individuals. Now get over it!"

Time to go eat some humble pie... Who wants some?

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@Earthninja said:

Time to go eat some humble pie...

Would you like some lies with that ? :lol:

Earthninja
  • EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran

As long as they are sincere lies!

silverShoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Nothing but the best for our customers...I can assure you all our lies are sincere ... :)

• @Earthninja said:
    Time to go eat some humble pie... Who wants some?

B)
    I like to flavour pie with neti-neti which is not like nutmeg :dizzy:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neti_neti

9th-century theologian John Scotus Erigena: "We do not know what God is. God Himself does not know what He is because He is not anything. Literally God is not, because He transcends being."

Holy Moly can it be true?

... Yeah whatever ... no need for us bored again Buddhists to play with others sacred pie ... B)

On the whole I feel it is best to work obviously and transparently, mostly because we all have personal string/karma to unravel. Buddhists (whoever they are) in the emerging western tradition are always keen to explain faulty dharma. Fortunately or not, in my humble opinion, if it can be explained, it is faulty [lobster faints]

and now back to the cushioning ...

EarthninjaLionduck
  • Faulty dharma? Is that the dharma of living on or near faults?
    "Prepare! Prepare! THE BIG ONE'S A COMIN'!!! ;)

"Your dharma is faulty. Get some tectonics on right away."

We have Drought Dharma, Fire Dharma, Flood Dharma, Faulty Dharma and Parrots in our Persimmon Tree Dharma. :o (Then we get to the little stuff.)

"Open up this dharma now young lady or you're in big dodo!" :3<3<3

(He beats a hasty retreat)

lobster
  • I know you are being humorous @Lionduck that is a good thing. B)

Thanks guys. To my certain knowledge, if able to read this, we are able to enter the realm of the mahasiddhas.

Advanced practitioners are all engaging from disengagement ... What does this mean?

Many of us are engaged from our outer form, gender, experience, certainties, dukkha and other karmic aggregates.

IF and it is a big IF as some have experienced, we learn to disengage our being - from our habits, instincts, egos, opinions etc, what happens? What happens in meditation? What happens when the emptying is begun?

We start to advance in our practice and disengage from our former shells and selves.

Let the moulting begin ... onward!

"Nanakorobi Yaoki" - seven times down, eight times up
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daruma_doll

Tony_A_SimienLionduck