Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

greeting from God

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Passed along in email:

DairyLamaNamadaWalkersilverLionduckKale4Dayz0student0Invincible_summerShoshinnakazcidDavidDobs

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Have you still got the original link?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I think God may have that in his "Members-only" folder....

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Cool!

• LionduckLionduck Veteran
    edited October 2015

@genkaku said:
    Passed along in email:

Who said She doesn't have a sense of humor?
    The bearded guy was just a front. ;)

• Adam was a porcelain bodybuilder with a tiny...?

^^^^^
    "a tiny...?" was a sign of nobility at the time of the art.

Clearly it wasn't painted by an English gentleman then.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

What did Adam say to Eve the very first time he experienced an erection?

"Stand back Honey...I don't know how big this thing gets - !"

Earthninjagenkakulobsterdantepw

Clearly it wasn't painted by an English gentleman then.

@SpinyNorman -- Michaelangelo was Italian, I believe, and seemed to be devoted to classical culture and by some classical lights, the bigger the pecker, the bigger the fool.

A site that may tell you more than you ever wanted to know about big and little tallywackers observes:

Greeks considered a large phallus to be humorous, and their art was supposed to be austere. In the arts, small penis identified the ideal or intellectual aspect of the human male, whilst in theatre for example, the person playing the "fool" role wore something like an oversized phallus to indicate his stupidity, the idea being he was therefore closer to animals and less human than his opponent.

edited October 2015

@genkaku said: In the arts, small penis identified the ideal or intellectual aspect of the human male, whilst in theatre for example, the person playing the "fool" role wore something like an oversized phallus to indicate his stupidity, the idea being he was therefore closer to animals and less human than his opponent.

English gentlemen used to wear codpieces...

• PöljäPöljä Veteran
    edited October 2015

@genkaku said:
    ^^^^^
    "a tiny...?" was a sign of nobility at the time of the art.

To be hairless (smooth as a porcelain) down there was a sign of nobility at the time, and not only at the time of the art. Anyways, that body of a bodybuilder to contrast of a tiny...? And anyways number two: satyrs got the most charming nymphs. It's as true as that painting of Michelangelo.

Great paintings, but I like this one a bit more:

silver

Those skirts are too close to that fire.... she'll go up like a bale of dry grass if she's not careful....

• PöljäPöljä Veteran
    edited October 2015

All clear. There's no fire anymore.

(A male ant was floating down The Thames. Just before Tower Bridge he shouted: "Beware, I have a hard-on!")

@Pöljä said:satyrs got the most charming nymphs.

He doesn't look very happy though in the painting. Is he a gay satyr?

• PöljäPöljä Veteran
    edited October 2015

The painter William-Adolphe Bouguereau was not a gay. And there's absolutely nothing gay in that painting. And after all we all are animals with animal instincts :) .

For those who had problems in concentration in school:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammal

@Pöljä said: And there's absolutely nothing gay in that painting.

Really? That satyr looks quite panicky, like he really doesn't want to be dragged off into the bushes by those horny nymphs. ;)

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

I like how michaelangelo slipped the cranial cavity as God's vehicle past the church.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

@SpinyNorman said:
    Really? That satyr looks quite panicky, like he really doesn't want to be dragged off into the bushes by those horny nymphs. ;)

Looks like he's being dragged into the drink...pond.

They look innocent to me - who else but the innocent at heart and young children be completely at ease sans clothing.
    o:)

@silver said: They look innocent to me o:)

I'm not sure about that. Note the mischevious expression on the face of the middle nymph, and note that another nymph has got a good grip on one of the satyrs horns.. ;)

silver
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

It's gettin' so ya can't trust naked women anymore...what a world.

genkakuDairyLamalobsterWalker

I like how michaelangelo slipped the cranial cavity as God's vehicle past the church.

@ourself -- I'm more interested in the fact that that which is called "God" has a belly button ... thus suggesting a mom of some sort.

Break out the beer keg. I have a feeling it's going to be a long night....

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited October 2015

@genkaku;

Michaelangelo was humanist and knew exactly what he was doing with the cranial cavity and Adams belly button, I think.

I took a liberty there but I'm pretty sure you meant Adam and not "God".

federica

Given that @genkaku's name IS Adam, I believe it's what's known as a Freudian Slip....

• @SpinyNorman said:
    I'm not sure about that. Note the mischevious expression on the face of the middle nymph, and note that another nymph has got a good grip on one of the satyrs horns.. ;)

The nymphs may be gay, they have him by the wrong horn ... o:)

Walker
    edited October 2015

Michaelangelo was humanist and knew exactly what he was doing with the cranial cavity and Adams belly button, I think.

I took a liberty there but I'm pretty sure you meant Adam and not "God".

@ourself -- I am grateful for your courteousness, but in fact I was referring to the guy with the beard surrounded in the cranial cavity by all those nymphs, angels, dryads, fairies, or whoever those kids are. Look closely and the guy with the beard has a belly button just like Adam's ... and I don't mean mine.

The guy with the beard is "God" I think ... or, if he has a belly button, perhaps not? It's not easy keeping up with iconography ... which is, I guess, what keeps iconographers in business.

Never mind ... I'm still back with the arrogant ant floating down the Thames and prophesying an ignominious, pecker-powered destruction of Tower Bridge. I am a sucker for the ludicrous.

I just can't see a belly button through the robes...

Do you have a "naked" app?

edited October 2015

Whose bleedin' belly button are we on abart?! I can't see God's and I can't see the satyr's either. I can see Adam's and several nymphs are showing them too.

I have a pierced belly-button, so it can't be mine.....

I have a pierced belly-button, so it can't be mine.....

Do you have a "naked" app?

@ourself -- It's my X-ray vision, but I don't generally like to let that cat out of the bag ... some wise guy is likely to point a gun at me and say something challenging like, "OK, Superman, let's see you stop this!"

More (kind of) seriously, if you look at various versions of the picture on Google Images, the shading can make God's belly button a bit more obvious.

I think we should enter the "Weirdest conversation on a Buddhist forum" competition. ;)

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

" Miss ya pops...Gimme five !"......... " Miss ya too son ...how's it hangin ? "

• Here is the cranial cavity content for those confirming god is all in the mind ...
    http://artduh.com/tag/michelangelo/

edited October 2015

I think we should enter the "Weirdest conversation on a Buddhist forum" competition.

@SpinyNorman -- Is that because of God's belly-button, Adam's pecker prowess or lack thereof, @Federica's piercings ... what, exactly is weirder about all that than "enlightenment" or "rebirth" or guys wearing dresses in Buddhism?

I'm still intrigued by those horny nymphs pulling at the panicky satyr. What are they planning to do with him, and is it something nice or nasty?

• NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited October 2015

I think they are going on shopping, Its sale

• WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

According to this, the satyr is the horny one, and the nymphs are trying to give him the cold shower treatment.

lobster
  • Have you ever been near a satyr? That one needed a bath BIG TIME.

• ^^^ Those nymphs are kind. My sort of gal-ette. o:)

Lionduck