Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How to know whether we are on the right track?

2»

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited August 2015

Shit happens in life, and one knows when one on the right track when one can avoid having to smell it

"One thing that I'm sure of, I know this to be true - If you go with and not against life's natural flow, you won't end up in its poo !"

Earthninja
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

@shoshin

Do tell how to separate oneself from the poo?
    All life cycles somewhere on a journey between being food and being poo.
    Perhaps the Buddhist point about life's suffering is accepting where ever we actually are as opposed to where we might prefer to be or not be.

Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited August 2015

@how said:

shoshin

Do tell how to separate oneself from the poo?
    All life cycles somewhere on a journey between being food and being poo.
    Perhaps the Buddhist point about life's suffering is accepting where ever we actually are as opposed to where we might prefer to be or not be.

One avoids being "attached" to the poo....Just drop it so to speak :lol:

When I said "If you go with and not against life's natural flow, you won't end up in its poo !" I'm referring to ones experiential understanding of Dependent Origination ...

It's true that shit is a natural occurrence @how ...if it didn't happen we would all be full of it and long term constipation is well........Dukkha :lol:

how
  • At the beginning nothing comes,
    in the middle nothing stays,
    in the end nothing goes.*

– Milarepa

• When starting Dharma practice, nothing seems to change. Later, changes occur but are unstable. When practice deepens, our qualities of peace, compassion and wisdom no longer fluctuate.
    Shoshinlobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited August 2015

Well said @Jeffrey <3
    the wholesome groove/track does not dissipate or waver it deepens its quality and innate goodness/buddha nature.

In a similar way the ignorant, partial, unskilful meanderings/false tracks, literally wind up as dead ends that are not reborn ...

• bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran

We know only when wee see for ourselves that this way leads to unbinding.

Shoshin
  • You seem to be in a hurry to get somewhere. Why is that?

lobster
  • @Earthninja said:
    How do we know we are on the right path (for cessation of suffering) ? What if we spend 50 years and have gotten no closer to the goal.

There is no way of telling that. Either you know it, or you don't.

lobsterEarthninja