Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

vBulletin upgrade

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited August 2007 in NewBuddhist.com
I upgraded the forum software to the latest - please let me know if you find any weirdnesses or things broken :)

Thanks!

Love,

from Michigan

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2007
    Thank you, Brian! Will do.
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited August 2007
    Brigid wrote: »
    Thank you, Brian! Will do.
    Brigid wrote: »
    ...Changes to male dominated cultures take time, decades, even centuries. It's taken almost a century to gain political personhood for women in our own culture, and we weren't behind the veil when the movement started...

Well, Kind Sir, this is a definite improvement, which I've enjoyed on another site, understanding-islam. From now on for new posts it looks like we'll be able to click on the blue square with the question mark in the "Originally Posted by" boxes to go back and see the original quote. One can now even jump threads (as is evident by the second quote above in my present post, if one knows the number, which you can make by quoting somebody in a thread and then cutting and pasting to the other in your own "edit" mode. (That's the best way I can word it right now.) This is a nice improvement. Or has this been around awhile? Seems new to me, but I have strange powers of observation which are often at variance with the calendar and clock, too.

At the site I just mentioned, the administrators have the software set to lock each post after 48 hours. This is nice for the sake of thread continuity, but I don't like it when you can't go in and erase your post if nobody responds for a couple of months, and your name is left dangling there for months because there is no new activity on that particular sub-forum. And then the words of my dear Mama, "Fools' Names and Fools' faces always appear in public places," just make me cringe. :eekblue:

But then, the other board has some real troublemakers and their behaviour has probably made this measure a necessity. I hope that sort of thing keeps well away from here.

Anyhow, I like the new feature you introduced yesterday, if indeed it was yesterday when you introduced it. Well, at any rate, something's different or odd and at least this time it isn't me, I don't think.

Thanks,

Nirvy
  • edited August 2007
    I can't see any of the following page graphics, like on this page itself.

http://www.newbuddhist.com/forum/images/newbud/multiquote_off.gif
    http://www.newbuddhist.com/forum/images/newbud/viewpost.gif

I even tried direct loading the links as above, no image, a 404 Not FOund Error message
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited August 2007
    Ahhh.. working on that. new features require new buttons ;)

Thanks for pointing that out, Zopa Tenzing! :)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2007
    No bugs to report yet. Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the improvements! Sweet!

Thanks, Brian.

Thanks to you too, Nirvy. I hadn't noticed those changes until you pointed them out.

I love this place.
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited August 2007
    Hey Brigid, thanks.

You do know that it's all for You, dontcha?

Nirvy