Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

recently, burning

sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

Have you read the Fire Sermon?
The fire sermon is where it's at.

more to this message, but one posti at a time. =)

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

link would be nice, Flame-Boy....

• sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    edited February 2016

it's all links, backwards and forwards-- need not overplay my part :)

But due to the kind dakini's request...

http://www.hermeticsource.info/adittapariyana-sutra.html

bookwormKale4Dayz
  • The heated hell dwellers are gonna love that hot stuff. Lucifer is gonna be on fire when I tell her.

Meditate in hell. Mahayana Bodhisattvas welcome.

• And what is all that is burning? Bhikkhus, the eye is burning, visible forms are burning, visual consciousness is burning, visual impression is burning, also whatever sensation, pleasant or painful or neither painful, nor pleasant, arises on account of the visual impression, that too is burning. Burning with what? Burning with the fire of craving, with the fire of hate, with the fire of delusion; I say it is burning with birth, aging and death, with sorrows, with lamentations, with pains, with grief’s, and with despairs.

So where is the "place" where there is no burning?

In emptiness there is no sights, sounds, smells, tastes, objects of touch, or dharmas(mental objects); no field of the eyes, up to and including no field of mind-consciousness; and no ignorance or ending of ignorance, up to and including no old age and death or ending of old age and death. There is no suffering.

Heart Sutra

sova
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

I like this animation sequence from the Buddha documentary.

Shoshinsova
  • Thank you @sova.
    It is a great example of how the Buddha taught to the capacity and understanding of his listeners.

Nice.

lobsterbookworm
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

@Lionduck you got it. Makes me think of Buddha going to burning man... "how can I relate to these kind sentient beings yearning for truth?!" ... a truly worthwhile moti-contemplation.

• One of the benefits of stilling is becoming sensitive to our B.S. and developing a kind discipline to it.

Eventually that very experiencing and stillness can be used in Bodhissattva service to the dukkha attached hordes ...

Such kindness [lobster wipes away salty tear] is not for self aggrandisement, merit accumulation or to impress the Boddhisattvas. It is a natural unfolding in the environment we are still in ...

The Buddha [PBUH] is the dharma eye of the storm. It is as always a storm in a teacup ... :)

... and now back to burning buddhas and other fiery dharmas ...

Kale4Dayz