Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

10 ways to embarrass your children

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

As a good Buddhist, I realize you would never indulge in such activities, but I see no harm in a little daydreaming.

WalkersilverBunksLionduck

Comments

• FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

Alas, having no children I cannot speak to this, but I imagine the kids would find me embarrassing enough without my having to take any effort in the matter. What does not embarrass them?

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I just have to start singing and both my kids scream "STOOOOOOPPPPP!!!"

They've both done it since they could pretty much start talking.

Shoshin
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Just being a parent is sufficient embarrassment for most kids. They prefer to think they just came into being suddenly and don't have parents at all, lol. I remember feeling that way ;)
    The funny thing is, my kids think nothing of me in my bathing suit at the beach or the pool. But when they see me in shorts and a sports bra at home to do yoga, you'd think I was completely naked. And there isn't even anyone to be embarrassed in front of at home!

silverBunksShoshinTara1978
  • Tara1978Tara1978 UK Veteran

Old photos, works every time, a family tradition =)

Shoshin
  • Though I exaggerate just a little, once your 'kids' reach a certain age, everything you say and everything you do will embarrass them. It come with the territory. =)

When they get through this phase, they will usually forgive you.

Peace to all

lobsterBunks
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

When they get through this phase, they will usually forgive you.

@Lionduck -- I imagine/hope you are right. Now the only problem to resolve is whether I can forgive myself. :)

• As in all else in life's interactions, it is the heart that matters. As they test their wing and eventually fly away from the nest (yes, and often fly back in these days), we hope we have prepared them for their journey.

Peace to all