Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just for fun: the random, useless announcements thread!

Comments

• I can not see you. In other words who is online does not include your name

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

weird.... ok, thanks, @lobster ....

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Well, it's a Bank Holiday weekend, in August here in the UK. And right on cue with depressing predictability, it's hammering it down. Ah well, "The Gardens need it", as the all-too-frequent attempt to justify it all, goes....

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Do you have a window you can sit at and drink tea while it's coming down?

Oh yes, I can look out on my garden in all its soggy, sodden, waterlogged splendour. And have a cuppa.

silver
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I am bog Irish and love the rain. :p

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Wow, I just had an almost long lost and forgotten memory of growing up in Pennsylvania where it rained a lot and my mom's garden in the back yard was in lower ground. It didn't seem to matter how much it rained, everything got absorbed amazingly fast - except when it would flood the basement (but usually not in any serious way). I'm glad right now, that I'm not a homeowner anywhere, heh. I have trouble taking care of meself!

edited August 2016

@SpinyNorman said:
    I am bog Irish and love the rain. :p

Don't tell me. Your real name's Pete. :tongue:

Actually, I don't mind a real great 'chucking it down stair-rods' rain. It's amazingly refreshing, and if it's warm as well, it can be amazing to be out in it. I remember a storm in Italy many years ago when, while in the car, we had to shout to be heard, the rain was so noisy. Windscreen wipers were totally redundant, even on full speed, and the road really was a river.... So parked up, we got out and walked. Three steps from the car, and we were soaked to the skin. But it was so warm! About 28 degrees C. Fantastic.

Newbuddhist members:

rohitsilverSwaroop

All at sea? :p

Out of their depth. ;)

Swaroop
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

I stay well, by eating local bee's vomit every day...

silverSwaroop
  • SwaroopSwaroop India Veteran

@Shoshin said:
    I stay well, by eating local bee's vomit every day...

We have been eating each other since life began in the planet. Bee's vomit is no big deal.

Buzz off with bee-vomit talk, you are putting me off my breakfast. :p

SwaroopShoshin

@SpinyNorman what are you having for breakfast? Bird embryo?

No, cornflakes and soy milk. :p

SwaroopBunks
  • @SpinyNorman said:
    No, cornflakes and soy milk. :p

Yuk. You are putting me off my bee vomit and fermented udder milk on top of burnt fungi infested cereal paste or toast as it is sometimes known ...

SwaroopDairyLamaShoshin
    edited August 2016

Thank you. Your discussion makes me feel relatively normal....

@federica said:
    Thank you. Your discussion makes me feel relatively normal....

I am glad it is only "relatively". :p

Oh, yes. If it was "totally", it would drive me nuts....

lobster

New post in THIS thread.

I thought, as an active and enthusiastic group of dedicated Buddhists, we should certainly participate in this, because it would put any questions or doubts to bed, straight away!!

http://ideaspots.com/this-color-test-will-reveal-how-many-past-lives-youve-had/

@federica it says I have had only 3 previous births. What about you?

I got 11 previous births, but I can only remember the last three! :p

rohit

A very expensive fault today...

https://i.imgur.com/6d3QnhH.mp4

• WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

11 previous lives for me too, but I can't remember any of them!

When things go wrong with rockets, they really go wrong. I wonder how many millions just went up in smoke.

@SpinyNorman said:

...ooops....

@federica said:

@SpinyNorman said:

...ooops....

It blew up a Facebook satellite....could have been worse I suppose. :p

WalkerSwaroop

I wish it had been twitter....

SwaroopBunks

Well Spring has truly sprung....and my hay fever's going nuts....

First it starts with a few sneezes, then the nose feels blocked, and then the eyes start to itch....Yep Spring's here ....

"Cashew" (noun) The sound of a nut sneezing"

Bunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Shoshin said:
    Well Spring has truly sprung....and my hay fever's going nuts....

First it starts with a few sneezes, then the nose feels blocked, and then the eyes start to itch....Yep Spring's here ....

"Cashew" (noun) The sound of a nut sneezing"

Ditto.....itchy nose and roof of mouth!

@Bunks ....I never had hay fever when I was living in Oz... It took a couple of years living in NZ for it to register, that at the beginning of each Spring, it wasn't a Spring cold I was experiencing, it was hay fever...

I take local bee's vomit every day (mostly Manuka honey, foraged by local bee populations ), it was recommended by a locum doctor I saw... It seems to alleviate the symptoms, it don't stop them completely, but it does lessen the impact...

Bunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited September 2016

I am excited

Will be sending this to my sister hope it helps as an anxiety strategy ...

Shoshin

And back in the Great White North... it's chilly. Autumn has definitely arrived. It did warm up a bit this afternoon, so I was able to get some yard work done.

BunksShoshin

@lobster ...It would seem that the power of positive thinking/self talk can work wonders :)

Fake it until you make it ....it works for me... :)

lobster

@Walker said:
    And back in the Great White North... it's chilly. Autumn has definitely arrived. It did warm up a bit this afternoon, so I was able to get some yard work done.

Whilst you're making hay while the sun still shines..I'm having to make do with hay fever :wink: .

Walker

First day of a week's holiday (off work). Am refusing to make the morning cuppa. Will see if Husband takes the hint.... :D

Bunks
  • Is my toaster a sentient being? It insisted on popping up, like an unrepetant Brexit voter. So I had to swear at it. :3

I am sure the toaster is more sentient than me ...

@lobster said:> I am sure the toaster is more sentient than me ...

Does it say "Hasta la vista"?

ShoshinlobsterWalker
  • It may be a terminator ...

@SpinyNorman said:

@lobster said:> I am sure the toaster is more sentient than me ...

Does it say "Hasta la vista"?

...Baby....You're toast .....

Now here's a thought...!

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

And in breaking news, here's what's happening in the Northern Territory at the moment.....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-05/chookie-the-pig-who-almost-become-mayor-alice-springs/7815534

He couldn't do a worse job than some humans we could think of....

lobsterBunks

23 new members approved in the last week. 3 have put in an appearance. Just to let you guys have some perspective on it all...

Ah...fresh meat...... :winky::lol:

lobsterWalkersilver