Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Matthew Manning UK Healer and me

Back in the 70s, UK faith healer Matthew Manning was just becoming
known for his remarkable talent of healing by touch, and his subjects
invariably reported feeling heat from his palms.

In an interview for a magazine, he once related that a Beatles LP record
mysteriously materialized in his living room, causing him to remark that
someone must have lost it.

I made nothing of that account until, in the last year or two, personal stuff
would occasionally became displaced from their usual location in my
apartment, turning up in the most unexpected place: my friends are not
known to play practical jokes.

Most recently, my kurta - a traditional Indian clothing - disappeared
from where I had kept it, and only a week before, I had worn it to show
my Myanma friend.

Presumably someone may have had a kurta appear within their home,
and wondered where on earth it could have come from.

So if you tripped over a light beige kurta and you're reading this, you
now know its source and may keep it since it's quite inexpensive;
after all, I can always buy another.

I expect this miraculous universe in which I live, move and have my
being to continue to leak. :-)

Manning meanwhile still receives pleas for help but appears to be
rather more selective about the cases he investigates.

Matthew Manning UK Healer

AN INTERVIEW WITH MATTHEW MANNING: POLTERGEIST BOY
(a long read at 5,000 words)

Comments

• Thank you for posting this, and welcome to the forum! I'm very interested in healer phenomena. Would you happen to know if Manning has trouble wearing watches? Or has he given up on wearing watches? Has he ever been studied by anyone doing a scientific investigation into healers and their energy field?

• I myself am still wondering where all my socks disappear to in my dryer. It might be related to whatever is possessing my washing machine to shake violently and move across the kitchen floor while I am doing a load. Now I know for fact that that these activities were not what the engineers had designed them to do. It's actually kinda scary. Coincidence? I Think Not!!! I might have a poltergeist.

lobster
  • OP, where is the interview? I couldn't find it when I clicked on your second link.

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@bart said:
    I myself am still wondering where all my socks disappear to in my dryer. It might be related to whatever is possessing my washing machine to shake violently and move across the kitchen floor while I am doing a load. Now I know for fact that that these activities were not what the engineers had designed them to do. It's actually kinda scary. Coincidence? I Think Not!!! I might have a poltergeist.

We are all lost socks in the laundromat of oblivion.

person
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited September 2016

OK, I found quite extensive info on him online. Very intriguing. He does seem to be a rare case. Apparently a scientist studied him early on and made a journal ful of notes, but it's not said what conclusions were drawn. I think measurements of his EM field and hands need to be done, especially when he's doing his healing work, when his hands are hot. It sounds like there are large fluctuations of energy.