Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just for fun: the random, useless announcements thread!

Comments

• newlotusnewlotus Australia Explorer

Random post......
    So we are getting a puppy! We have a little cat, and a 4 yr old Westie. We decided he should have a friend. A cute little 12 wk old Westie friend :)
    That also means I get to have another cutie pie! So excited! But also asking myself why! They r terrors when their pups. Our westie is still an excitable chap. Our house may be mayhem soon.....

lobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2016

@newlotus , If you need help, contact me via PM. I'm a Dog Behaviourist. Have been for over 2 decades.

Bunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I am about to embark on a four hour car trip with a three year old and a six year old. My wife is staying home alone for a much deserved two day break.

Wish me luck! O.o

Shoshin
  • ^^. Hope you have a boot? o:)

WalkerShoshin
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Wish I had seen this before: I strongly advise Rescue Remedy! When my youngest daughter (who has Mild Asperger's) was around 2, we went on a week-long driving trip to France, with my eldest daughter who was 9, and her friend (similar age). We took along a couple of bottles of Bach's Rescue remedy, and gave then 4 drops, three times a day, in a glass of water. All week, they got on marvellously. We spent a lot of the travel time in the car, and it was utter bliss hearing them chat, giggle and the elder two playing with Caroline, keeping her amused and interested. Once at our destination, I stopped giving them the remedy, and on the first day, we had squabbles and tears before bed time... So I re-started the remedy - and the whole week was utterly blissful!

lobsterBunks
  • Very nice portrait. I have a habit of taking portraits at unposed moments. Trying to improve.

You look a little like this guy...

I suggest you go back to the future and come out then, or before....

WalkerVastmind
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@Bunks said:
    I am about to embark on a four hour car trip with a three year old and a six year old. My wife is staying home alone for a much deserved two day break.

Wish me luck! O.o

@Bunks...

Just be mindful of your practice and all will be well :)

Enjoy the special time you have with the children...

Metta

PS
    I have four children (all happy healthy young adults now-the oldest 30 youngest 22) and when they were toddlers I had travelled with them( only one at a time) on long haul plane trips ( 24 hours NZ to UK and back so 48 hours all up) . and guess what.... I survived...

edited September 2016

I was at the Red Cross Op shop and my eyes spied these cuties ...There were two pairs, so I bought both for $5 ( a pair for my daughter) ....I just couldn't resist them...They will come in handy :winky: during winter ...Damned craving... wins again :)
    The tips of the fingers are exposed...

Then unbutton and flip down to become mittens.... neat and practical ...There is a lot of creativity out there :)

lobsterBunks
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Walker said:> 20th wedding anniversary is coming up next week. We had some photos done yesterday. Goodness, I've aged. Mrs. Walker still looks young as ever though...>

How about one with you both wearing knitted Buddha hats? :p

ShoshinWalker
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Speaking of all this hat-knitting...

Mrs. Walker's mum is an avid knitter. Every year she sells her wares at the Smoky Lake Pumpkin Festival craft sale, along with Mrs. Walker's dad, who does watercolour and acrylic painting.

Her best sellers are always pumpkin hats, but this year she's concentrating on knitting Pikachu hats, seeing as Pokemon Go is all the rage. She should sell a bunch.

@lobster said:
    ^^. Hope you have a boot? o:)

@Shoshin said:

@Bunks said:

Wish me luck! O.o

@Bunks...

Metta

PS
    I have four children (all happy healthy young adults now-the oldest 30 youngest 22) and when they were toddlers I had travelled with them( only one at a time) on long haul plane trips ( 24 hours NZ to UK and back so 48 hours all up) . and guess what.... I survived...

@Shoshin said:

@Bunks said:

Wish me luck! O.o

@Bunks...

Metta

PS

Thanks @shoshin. All went swimmingly until about half an hour from our destination the three year old vomited all over himself (strawberry yoghurt anyone?!)

I had to pull into the driveway of a farm, get him out of the car and strip him down to his jocks. It was raining too!

Once I got to my parents I had to remove the car seat, hose it down and wash all the covers plus clothes he was wearing.

Good times!

ShoshinlobsterWalker

Have a nice weekend with your parents @Bunks :)

A quick fix for when the crap hits the fan (as it often does)...just laugh and smile, you'll be amazed at how quickly the tension/stress subsides, and the mood changes...

• The Church Bells are ringing ... calling the faithful to Church. I love the sound ...

@lobster said:
    The Church Bells are ringing ... calling the faithful to Church. I love the sound ...

The sound of pure evil :winky::lol:

lobsterWalker
  • Swore and had a melt down over a new tin opener. It would not go on its designated hook. :angry:

Found out I was trying to hang it upside-down. I have no excuses. :3

Jeroen

Next time, move the hook to the bottom.

Sorted.

lobster

Some people really need to get a life. There is a discussion on Facebook about round pizzas, in square boxes being cut into triangles. there are 155+ comments - and counting! - about whether the triangles are really triangles, or arc sections... OMG... FFS, people....!!

Naturally I skipped over this and ignored it, as there was a much more interesting and cute video posted about cats experiencing brain-freeze as they licked ice cream. @Jason....

lobsterJason

@lobster said:
    Swore and had a melt down over a new tin opener. It would not go on its designated hook. :angry:

Found out I was trying to hang it upside-down. I have no excuses. :3

I bought a cheap can-opener from Tescos and couldn't work out how to use it. It is still in the drawer. :p

BunksShoshinlobster

You also need a tin....

...Or a brain, Scarecrow :winky:

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator

@federica said:
    Some people really need to get a life. There is a discussion on Facebook about round pizzas, in square boxes being cut into triangles. there are 155+ comments - and counting! - about whether the triangles are really triangles, or arc sections... OMG... FFS, people....!!

Naturally I skipped over this and ignored it, as there was a much more interesting and cute video posted about cats experiencing brain-freeze as they licked ice cream. @Jason....

Yes, yes. I used to spend hours on FB having political discussions and waxing philosophically on the nature of life, and now I mainly use it to find cute/funny cat videos. This might be the best one yet:

https://www.facebook.com/AppreciateENG/videos/1601134123519727/

federica

Wow the Kiwi blade runner's been doing well at the Para Olympic ...However I should add 'all' the Para Olympians are doing well...:)

Bunks
  • @Shoshin I was lucky enough to see Oscar Pistorius, the infamous blade runner at the London Para Olympics. The crowds spent all their time clapping everyone. It was amazing. My favourite contestant Maciej Lepiato was a Polish High jumper. Not only did he win gold by beating the world para high jump but due to the crowd going wild, he then beat his own record twice more.

Shoshin
  • Did an early walk along the Thames in search of Unicorns, Gnomes, Fauns and other magical creatures ...
    Came across a nice Muggle Shed known as Hampton Court, it was the former home of the 'Order of St John' a para-military Christian monk institution. I did find an incredible food plant garden (no pics in the video) which was next to a kiddy magical garden opened by a Princess ...

silverShoshinWalker
  • I'm addicted to chocolate

lobster
  • ^^. Chocolate is an essential food item. :3

My name is Lobster and I am a chocaholic (from Chocaholics not-Anonymous) <3

... meanwhile to keep myself off the fish, chocs and neopolitan I am pretending to learn the Swift programming langauge using 'Swift Playgrounds' from Apple. Brilliant. Like a game but it is teaching you simultaneously ... that is the future of education ...

edited September 2016

Last night as I was leaving the Buddhist group meeting I happened to look up at the sky and saw amazing cloud patterns and stars sparkling in between the clouds (and no... I wasn't on anything :lol: -just a natural high) , I told the others to come and look ....

Then as I was driving home I saw the moon (imprisoned) looking out through the bars made of clouds, ( the cloud bars imprisoning the moon were horizontal ) it was surreal, an amazing sight to see....I had never seen anything like it...

Truly one of those WOW moments :)

It looked similar to this but more uniformed horizontal cloud pattern -they actually looked like bars...I wish i could have taken a photo....

Bunks

My 'phone camera actually leaves a lot to be desired... there was a stunning moon the other night - it was an apricot-pink against a royal navy-blue sky. Utterly phenomenal, the description does it no credit. Neither did the photo.... I'll try to post it in any case, tomorrow....

Bunks

Yes!

I am actually more shocked that an online news outlet would publish a good news story like this than I am about someone doing it.......fundamentally people are good.

""The world needs to realise we all just need to look after one another," he said.

Wonderful.
    Pass it on. ;)

Bunks

@lobster said:
    Just been watching rainbow ...

Did you find a pot of gold, and if so, can we have some? :p

lobster

The 81 year old Kiwi "Matadore" Kia Ola :)

Bunks
    edited September 2016

Triratna is in the news again, it seems like this has been rumbling on for decades.
    http://buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=70,12961,0,0,1,0#.V-lSEfkrI5s

• Forgive the misplaced post please. First post from a phone and didn't know how to navigate. Had a heart attack and about to have surgery. You all send good love and I might need help this time.

Shoshinlobstersilver
  • @yagr. I hear you loud and clear. Fear is near but help closer. Good heart may peace be in your every step.

ShoshinVastmindsilveryagr

All the best @yagr. You are in my thoughts.....

Shoshinsilveryagr
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Best wishes @yagr

Shoshinyagr

May you be well @yagr and remember your practice...

Metta <3

silveryagrBunks

What's to forgive - ?! I in turn ask forgiveness for what appears to at first, be a cold and calculating comment. I hope I need not assure you it is nothing of the kind, and very far from that.
    But, ever the practical, down-to-earth lateral thinker, it may be worth telling your lawyer what has happened.
    I wish nothing but the best for you, and your wife.
    Think of the concert for the horses. Meditate on calm and peace. And tell those who need to know, and who might be of constructive assistance, of the latest crisis.

yagrBunks
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

@yagr Brother, we're right there with you. * squeeeeze * <3 Lots of love!

yagr
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited September 2016

@yagr said:
    Forgive the misplaced post please. First post from a phone and didn't know how to navigate. Had a heart attack and about to have surgery. You all send good love and I might need help this time.

Tee Hee.
    'Had heart attack, about to go into surgery. Must contact online Sangha.' Ay caramba, brave or what. You put us to shame.

<3 Morning sadhana dedicated your way. If you are alive, try not to laugh. Love, Light and Blessings ... <3

silveryagr
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran
    edited September 2016

.....for you @yagr

yagrPer4umer
  • Nice pic @silver
    @yagr is just running on miracles. Hope my chanting and others efforts, puja and metta got through ...
    (Tad-ya-ta) Om Be-kan-dze Be-kan-dze Ma-ha Be-kan-dze Ra-dza Sa-mung-ga-te So-ha
    http://www.wildmind.org/mantras/figures/bhaishajyaguru-medicine-buddha-mantra

Apologies for laughter, :3 I just had visions of him on mobile phone being wheeled into surgery. 'No this message is really important ...' I bet prising away mobile phones is now a major theatre/surgery necessity ... ;)

Vastmindyagr

@lobster said:>
    Apologies for laughter, :3 I just had visions of him on mobile phone being wheeled into surgery. 'No this message is really important ...' I bet prising away mobile phones is now a major theatre/surgery necessity ... ;)

People can phone at the most inconvenient times! :p

Walkersilver

May you be well @yagr

yagr