Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I Must Practice The Dharma

JaySonJaySon Florida Veteran
edited January 2017 in Faith & Religion

I played basketball at this high school. This very well could've been me or one of my friends who got bone cancer.

https://www.gofundme.com/miracles-for-matthew

Seeing this, how could I not practice the Dharma?

I have been lucky.

He hasn't been so lucky.

I might die today or at any time.

I will not squander this life.

DakinilobsterBunks

Comments

• TiggerTigger Toronto, Canada Veteran

Very sad indeed but my hope is that all will go well with the surgery and he will once again be lucky.

My thoughts are with he and his family <3

JaySon
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Blessings to him and his family as they go on this journey. Indeed, we are lucky. We can, however, find the blessings in even the most extraordinary challenges. They will have a rough road, for sure. They will also find a strength that only people in those circumstances can muster, and they will be surprised at what they manage. I hope his story is a success and his young life can continue for many years. 2 children (one is 9 and one is 17) were diagnosed with bone cancer here last year, and they both did quite well and are currently cancer free with a great prognosis!

JaySonTiggerlobsterBunks
  • JaySonJaySon Florida Veteran

@karasti said:
    They will also find a strength that only people in those circumstances can muster, and they will be surprised at what they manage.

That has been my experience with tragedy. I was surprised I was still standing, but there I was, standing.

BunksTigger