Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

what is/are your spiritual goal(s) for 2017?

NamadaNamada Veteran
edited January 2017 in Buddhism Today

what is your spiritual goals for 2017?

Comments

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@Namada said:
    what are your spiritual goals for 2017?

• To be able to post first time without having to edit
    • To implement the Eightfold Noble Path a bit better this year
    • To ignore haters more easily

_ /\ _

lobsterTiggerZenCanuckShoshin
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I've never really done a proper retreat so it'd be nice to get one in at some stage.

What about you @Namada?

lobsterNamadaTiggerShoshin
  • NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited January 2017

-I love to procrastinate things I dont like to do, so I have to learn to eat "ugly frogs" much faster, not only look at them.

-Do more metta meditation for keeping a postive mind and keeping up the good energy.

-Learn new food recipes towards a more vegetarian direction, I know only how to make tomato soup :)

-Spend more time in nature, take my son and his friends on trips, learning them to make bonfire and enjoy the nature.

lobsterTiggerShoshin
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@Bunks said:
    I've never really done a proper retreat so it'd be nice to get one in at some stage.

What about you @Namada?

A retreat would be great. I wish I could do a silent one for a week. That would be awesome

_ /\ _

BunkslobsterTigger
  • @Namada said:
    -I love to procrastinate things I dont like to do, so I have to learn to eat "ugly frogs" much faster, not only look at them.

You're just supposed to kiss them. You don't have to eat them.

KundolobsterTigger
  • NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited January 2017

Kiss them? Thanks that helped a lot :)

Tigger
  • I tend to use the new year to reflect. Or go skiing. I rarely create new goals or make "resolutions" at New Years. I tend to make them at junctures in my life, but they're not synchronized to a calendar.

KundoTiggerShoshin
  • NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited January 2017

I belive its good to have goals to clarify were you are going, it dosent need to be bound up to a time frame..

TiggerSteve_B
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited January 2017

The same as last years :) Nothing special, but this year the aim is to be better at it :)

KundolobsterTiggerperson
  • TiggerTigger Toronto, Canada Veteran

@Namada said:

I think I'm going to continue what I am doing now spiritually. I started into Buddhism in December 2016 so I'm not going to beat myself up for my lack ok wisdom but I will continue reading the Dharma and learning from my wonderful Sangha (you fine people). I have started to meditate a teenie weenie bit so I am hoping to really get into that more deeply in 2017. Some meditation art would be great too!

KundoShoshin
  • Will_BakerWill_Baker Vermont Veteran

Well, today I undertake to refrain from killing... etc.

lobsterVastmind

I hope that's not a difficult task for you @Will_Baker :p

Or do you mean being more mindful not to step on ants or kill flies.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I have no special resolutions for the new year... I would like to lose some weight, I'd like to sleep better, and I will have to get a full time job at some point.

Spiritually I'd like to meditate a bit more, develop concentration more deeply, resolve the conflict between striving for progress and acceptance of the self and the world, and maybe find a few more really cool sutra's.

TiggerShoshin
  • KannonKannon NAMU AMIDA BUTSU Ach-To Veteran

I'd like to put action to my thoughts and intentions, instead of simply ruminating on the teachings and waiting for benefits I will actively follow them myself

TiggerShoshin
  • Will_BakerWill_Baker Vermont Veteran

@Tigger said:

-I'm happy to say I haven't killed anything today... yet :-)

TiggerShoshin

@Will_Baker said:

@Tigger said:

-I'm happy to say I haven't killed anything today... yet :-)

Keep us posted throughout the day @Will_Baker.....LOL

lobster
  • ZenCanuckZenCanuck Toronto, ON Explorer

I want to:
    - Stop being so judgmental of myself and others
    - Stop my bloody monkey mind when I meditate
    - Delve more into my subconscious and face whatever crapola is lurking there
    - Stop disliking myself so much
    - Develop a kind and loving heart (it's a bit shriveled after a bad 15-year run)

Oh, yeah, and one other thing...

• Stop being so bloody self-obsessed :)
    lobsterShoshinSteve_B
  • ShimShim Veteran

Become as non-spiritual as I can.

Because I simply can't.

So that basically means I going to be a trendy minimalist spiritualist. That be ma goal.

lobster
  • @Shim

Understood.

You will notice the guy in the original post is practicing the corpse asana, one of the most important yoga postures. His trainers seem to be fanning him, to keep him cool. ;) So Yoga nidra might suit you ...

Here is some youthful attentive awakening training that might be useful ...

ShimTigger