Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

NewBuddhist now supports native emoji

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator

? ? ?? ? ?

lobsterVastmind

Comments

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

Godspeed in this brave new world.

• DakiniDakini Veteran

Where are these from? Where do we find the full selection?

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Yeah Baby!

??? On a tablet or most online keyboards press the smily? button. Thanks @Linc ?‍❤️‍?‍?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Ok. Doofus here is lost. What do you mean, @lobster?

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

??

lobster
  • HozanHozan Veteran

?☸☯♾????⭐?☘☉?

• lobsterlobster Veteran

@federica Your chromebook may not support emoji, I tried three browsers on my Puppy Linux desktop. No luck.

If you are using Firefox, try finding add ons on your pull down menus, then download 'emoji everywhere' ...

• KannonKannon NAMU AMIDA BUTSU Ach-To Veteran

??☀?☯☮

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Gawd blimey, bleedin' hyrogliffics. How abart supporting native cockney? :p

lobsterVastmindHozan
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

?

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

???????

• lobsterlobster Veteran

@federica emoji on chromebook ...

An easy way to access and enter emoji is available in Chrome OS, courtesy of the (dully named) ‘input device menu’.

When you elect to see input options in the shelf (Settings > Languages & Input) you’ll also nab quick access to the emoji keyboard (plus the handwriting canvas, but that’s not very useful on a non-touch device).

Getting the emoji picker up is dead easy. You simple click on the input menu in the shelf:
    http://www.omgchrome.com/just-got-easier-type-emoji-chromebook/

Other operating systems
    http://caniemoji.com

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

My chromebook doesn't support this option. There is NO emoji setting in languages and input.... Obviously I have an outdated model; it is after all, already 18 months old... by techno-standards, that appears to be positively decrepit - !

ok, hang on, I tweaked something....?

Wow.... can't believe I actually managed to make it work! I must be more savvy than I thought - !!

Kundo

How do I stop the keyboard from constantly popping up...,.?! My H will go bananas if he keeps having to deal with that little idiosyncrasy!

• DakiniDakini Veteran

I loved the ones NB had before switching to the little green blobs. Just saying. LOVED!

@federica said:
    How do I stop the keyboard from constantly popping up...,.?! My H will go bananas if he keeps having to deal with that little idiosyncrasy!

Ok, I can't have emojis without the on-screen keyboard continually popping up. It's driving me mad, so I've eliminated it. Can't be doing with it. I know it will also infuriate and frustrate my H, and as we share a computer, I really can't do that to him.... So no more emojis, and I can live with that.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

???✔️?

Hozan