Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just for fun: the random, useless announcements thread!

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2017

Wrestling keeps us active. It's when we give up the fight and become indolent, that the danger is exposed....

Passive Resistance is the key.
    Or Active Acceptance.... one Yang, the other Yin, yet meeting the same end....

BuddhadragonHozanlobster
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@DhammaDragon said:
    Life would be so much simpler if we were all so simple to figure out, @lobster.
    Bruce Lee was a complex character and I guess therein lies the fascination and the legend.

He had a strong, dark personality and grew up among gangs where you had to impose yourself by force if you wanted to survive.
    Ip Man, his teacher, taught him to tap into the lighter hues of his soul.
    And so he was till the end: a man constantly swerving from one side to the opposite of the spectrum.
    Like we all.
    Forever wrestling with our yin and our yang.

Bruce Lee was not a fake.
    He did not pretend to be wise and perfect.
    He had a deep core of wisdom but did not fear to show his most human side when he felt like it.

I agree with your assessment of Bruce Lee @DhammaDragon . Speaking of Ip
    Man what do you think of the martial arts skills of Donnie Yen who portrayed Ip Man in the films?

Buddhadragon
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

I love Donnie Yen, @Hozan❤
    Hubby and son too.
    I gave a special boxed set edition of the Ip Man films to hubby for his birthday.
    We love to watch them?

Hozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@DhammaDragon said:
    I love Donnie Yen, @Hozan❤
    Hubby and son too.
    I gave a special boxed set edition of the Ip Man films to hubby for his birthday.
    We love to watch them?

Have full Bruce Lee and Donnie Yen collection too. Great martial artists, both.

Buddhadragon
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

It's reminiscent of the Jamaican, Trinidadian and Caribbean kettle drums, but using the hands gives a far more muted and appealing sound.... lovely....

Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@federica said:
    It's reminiscent of the Jamaican, Trinidadian and Caribbean kettle drums, but using the hands gives a far more muted and appealing sound.... lovely....

Yes, that's what I was thinking when I first heard it...The steel drums of the Caribbean

Occasionally, I come across a man who plays this pan on the street.
    It has a wonderful sound❤

ShoshinHozan

Today is well advanced into Springtime. I have been wishing our scarf-hat-gloves-and-coats clad customers, a very Merry Christmas....

Nirvana

So Gaudí left his trace in Waterloo Station and we never knew...
    How magical could that be, @lobster?

I have just bought this absolutely cute little Buddha pendant from a Scottish antique dealer.
    It is from 1922 and I love the British humour touch with the inscription "Tsokay" at the bottom.
    At the same time, I think it makes a pun with the Tibetan term "Tsok."
    http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Tsok

I can afford to rejoice in my latest find until hubby checks the credit card account...???

HozanlobsterShoshin
  • HozanHozan Veteran

Rejoice Rejoice! Meet the postman early and burn the bill.?

lobsterBuddhadragon
  • HozanHozan Veteran

Beautiful pendant!

Buddhadragon

@Hozan said:
    Rejoice Rejoice! Meet the postman early and burn the bill.?

If it were that simple, @Hozan ...
    Hubby checks the accounts online...?
    But I trust I am still within budget, so no chance I get scolded... yet...???

Hozan

I am playing Florence Nightingale today.
    He's down with an awful flu.
    I am giving him litres of matcha, ginger and lemon teas...??

Hozan

Rejoice Rejoice! Drop the laptop!! :lol:

BuddhadragonHozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran
    edited May 2017

@DhammaDragon said:

Florence Nightingale has unlimited credit. Make that card platinum

@Hozan said:

@DhammaDragon said:

Florence Nightingale has unlimited credit. Make that card platinum

Maybe my services can be rewarded with a gorgeous silver Buddha pendant...??
    Tsokay...???

Hozanlobster
  • HozanHozan Veteran
    edited May 2017

To clarify above its awesome you are like Florence Nightingale and using matcha and ginger. Not awesome about the flu. I had one flu as a child and never again had one after. It was horrible. Not to be confused with a cold. I still remember it

• HozanHozan Veteran
  • HozanHozan Veteran

• HozanHozan Veteran

Buddhadragon

Did you know she spent the final years of her life in extreme physical and mental discomfort...?

Poor thing.... :(

...From 1857 onwards, Nightingale was intermittently bedridden and suffered from depression. A recent biography cites brucellosis and associated spondylitis as the cause. Most authorities today accept that Nightingale suffered from a particularly extreme form of brucellosis, the effects of which only began to lift in the early 1880s. Despite her symptoms, she remained phenomenally productive in social reform. During her bedridden years, she also did pioneering work in the field of hospital planning, and her work propagated quickly across Britain and the world. Nightingale's output slowed down considerably in her last decade. She wrote very little during that period due to blindness and declining mental abilities, though she still retained an interest in current affairs.

From her Wikipedia page.

BuddhadragonHozan

Florence reporting back from the battlefield, with hubby slightly worse than yesterday -when will ALL that matcha kick in, pleeeaase??
    He has whined and complained all morning because, elementary dear Watson, I had forgotten a male flu is considerably more unbearable than a female birth pains...?

Hozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@DhammaDragon said:
    Florence reporting back from the battlefield, with hubby slightly worse than yesterday -when will ALL that matcha kick in, pleeeaase??
    He has whined and complained all morning because, elementary dear Watson, I had forgotten a male flu is considerably more unbearable than a female birth pains...?

Not all guys though. I have a high pain/suffering threshold. An xray a few years back revealed I had cracked 3 transverse processes in my cervical vertebrae (neck) and that they had self healed. Looked about 10 years old which links in with a bad fall I had.
    The ideal I guess is a balance. Get on with it with colds and flus and minor stuff. Probably better to see a doctor when you crack vertebrae in your neck though. ( i didnt realise i had at the time obviously).

• HozanHozan Veteran

On the complex subject of man flu....some food for thought...

• HozanHozan Veteran

Buddhadragon
  • HozanHozan Veteran

Buddhadragonsilver
  • HozanHozan Veteran

BuddhadragonShoshinDairyLamaFosdick

I walked around the Esplanade this afternoon, I hadn't been around there for quite awhile , it had been closed due to some major slips ...Well it was still officially closed, but I walked around anyway...

Slips galore...This was one of them and others were just as big or bigger...They are going to keep the council workers busy for quite some time...

Mother Nature's wrath...Shit happens I guess...

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Hozan said:

At least we can drive.... ;)

Hozan

Yeah, you're bad at parking though, because you think 6" is a whole lot longer than it really is.

Trust me on that one.

HozanBunksBuddhadragon
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@federica said:
    Yeah, you're bad at parking though, because you think 6" is a whole lot longer than it really is.

Men come in three sizes, small, medium and LIAR. :p

HozanBuddhadragonsilver

@Bunks said:

@Hozan said:

At least we can drive.... ;)

Not without your balls :winky:

• WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

^Some guys bring along a spare pair...

BuddhadragonShoshinHozanmmo

I just bought a keyboard for my tablet, but the silly thing has no emojis and the Ctrl-Alt does not work.
    Is it normal or maybe I have to return it?

@DhammaDragon said:
    I just bought a keyboard for my tablet, but the silly thing has no emojis and the Ctrl-Alt does not work.
    Is it normal or maybe I have to return it?

I dunno... check this link:

http://ccm.net/faq/37167-how-to-send-emoji-on-your-android-tablet-or-smartphone

Hubby knows how to tap the @ sign, after all.
    But I'll have to make do without the emojis, it seems :(

edited May 2017

Sorry for interrupting the idyllic bucolic conversation, but I must absolutely sidetrack our chit-chat to the joys of moderation.

I bet @federica never had to deal with this sort of problems on this site ever -though we have seen many freaky posts...

Last week I had to ban a man from one of the groups I administrate on IT because he had stalked several female members with private messages for... masturbation sessions.
    Tonight, one of the moderators flagged a post where a male member volunteered for yoga, massage and orgasmic meditation sessions, and added at the end the measures of his... member (mind the pun).
    How much is 10 inches, by the way...? ;)

Spiritual sites and apps are no longer what they used to be...
    ??

lobsterJeroen
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@DhammaDragon said:
    Sorry for interrupting the idyllic bucolic conversation, but I must absolutely sidetrack our chit-chat to the joys of moderation.

I bet @federica never had to deal with this sort of problems on this site ever -though we have seen many freaky posts...

Last week I had to ban a man from one of the groups I administrate on IT because he had stalked several female members with private messages for... masturbation sessions.
    Tonight, one of the moderators flagged a post where a male member volunteered for yoga, massage and orgasmic meditation sessions, and added at the end the measures of his... member (mind the pun).

??

Pffff....tell him he's dreaming!

Buddhadragon
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@DhammaDragon said:

??

I'd like to assure everybody here that even though I am in this IT group it wasnt me! It couldnt have been....i'm not a yoga practitioner!

Buddhadragon
  • HozanHozan Veteran

Buddhadragonsilver
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

My father got taken to the hospital with cardiac arrhythmia... signs that he is getting a bit older despite being only 68... it set me to thinking about the mortality of loved ones and how our time together is limited and often even many years seems too short. It also made me think about all the things I might have left unsaid in our relationship... there seem to be a few big things left for us to discuss.

BuddhadragonlobsterFosdicksilver

@Kerome said:
    My father got taken to the hospital with cardiac arrhythmia... signs that he is getting a bit older despite being only 68... it set me to thinking about the mortality of loved ones and how our time together is limited and often even many years seems too short. It also made me think about all the things I might have left unsaid in our relationship... there seem to be a few big things left for us to discuss.

I hope you are able to have the chance to discuss those things, @Kerome.
    Real life relationships are not always perfect and endings are not hollywood-like either.
    Our beloved ones mortality is the hardest issue for me to grapple with.
    Much metta to you??

Shoshinlobster