Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I really, really love it when....

• I find a better response/way
  • I find a new food item that is medicinal
  • It is quiet and so am I
  • It rains gently at night
  • The jasmine flowers and fills garden with fragrance
yagrDakiniBuddhadragonBunksHozansilverClementine

Comments

• KannonKannon NAMU AMIDA BUTSU Ach-To Veteran

I ask a question to myself and know the right answer already.

lobster
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited May 2017

There's a brief rain shower, then the sun comes out and everything smells great and the air is so fresh! :)

One of the radio stations just happens to play my favorite music, completely serendipitously.

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

When it thunderstorms and the whole house shakes from the thunder and the lightning cracks make my ears ring
    The dog leans against me so hard we both almost fall over
    Low-carb cheesecake turns out better than you expected :lol:
    Every morning after fresh snow when the air is never more fresh or clear (even if your nostrils freeze shut while you enjoy it)

• DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited May 2017

@karasti said:
    Low-carb cheesecake turns out better than you expected :lol:

I've never heard of this! Where do you get it?
    If you stop and think about it, the main thing about cheesecake is the cream cheese, and the sour cream topping; it's all cream and a bit of protein. The only carbs are whatever sugar you add to the cream cheese, and then the graham cracker crust. Take away the crust and you still have the yummy cheesy/creamy part.

Oops. Didn't mean to hijack the flow of the topic. :blush: Pardon my cheesecake enthusiasm.

Bunkslobster
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

I make kosher cinnamon scrolls and don't have to share with anyone else :awesome:

Bunks
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

Is your puppy a West Highland terrier, @newlotus?
    I adore those dogs❤

@newlotus said:
    I have a few days off work and it's cold and raining outside. So I have an excuse not to go for a long strenuous walk. Opting instead to light a fire and curl up under a blanket reading a good book. Which atm is 'the Tibetan book of living and dying'. While cuddling the puppy of course!

puppy says hello!

PUPPY!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3

newlotuslobstersilver
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

I really, really love it when....

...A smile is contagious

:):):):):):)

Bunkslobster
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

My kids laugh!!

HozansilverShoshin

..... my puppy pays attention to me.

BuddhadragonlobsterShoshinsilver
  • GuiGui Veteran

The cat lets me sleep through the night.

Kundolobster

@Dakini my husband and I are both doing low carb right now to lose excess weight, and yesterday was his birthday so we had to find low carb dessert options, lol. We just substituted splenda for the sugar and did a no crust cheesecake with sour cream and raspberry topping. Cheesecake doesn't have a ton of carbs anyhow, but we stick to less than 30g and I try to keep what I get from veggies so I get enough fiber.

I love it when it rained all night and I wake up to fresh blooming flowers that make the air smell sweeter than any baked confection!

I also love it when I get my workout done early and it keeps me motivated the whole rest of the day.

• gracklegrackle Veteran

@Tosh. Thanks for the heartwarming post. It must be wonderful to see others recover and help out along the way.

lobsterTosh
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    edited May 2017

@grackle said:
    @Tosh. Thanks for the heartwarming post. It must be wonderful to see others recover and help out along the way.

Yes, it is lovely. Sad though at times too.

I was joking with an A.A. lady last night and our conversation was "Don't you hate it when you help someone get and stay sober and they get their lives together and end up doing better than you!"

That made me smile.

Kundosilver
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

...really, really love it when heart-warming threads like this blossom.

• It is spring becoming summer here. Flowers are abundant. <3
    • Starting to see and film large and small trout after rain <3
    • My Raspberry Pi 3 arrived today - small, cheap and delicious - yum! Proud to be computer geek B)
    KundoHozanBuddhadragonBunks
  • DakiniDakini Veteran

...when the weather stays nice and cool. Ahhhhhh......

silverBunks

It's almost 4pm on Friday afternoon and I have the whole day to myself tomorrow to do as I please!

Dakini

....we get more posts on this thread than on the "I really, really hate it when...." thread :)

federicaBuddhadragon
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Yeah, we need to spread the love.

Incidentally, in my own defence, the 'I really, really hate it when....' thread was initially intended to be entirely light-hearted... Hence the first post I made therein.. I mean, talk about "1st World problems"....! :lol:

BunkskarastiKundoHozan

I really love it when the school year finally settles down and we can look forward to summer. The last month is so incredibly busy it just flies by, but now in the last few days, it's calmed down, the kids get to do mostly fun stuff, and summer is almost here!
    Also, I love that I planted a few frost-resistant things in my garden this week. My favorite time of year is planting season! AND I love when plans come together. My to-do list for our vacation has been growing exponentially and finally I am starting to cross some things off.

Bunks

I really really love it when the Universe rewards me by having my almost 16 year old daughter be totally self sufficient on the weekend and allows me to sleep in on a cold Saturday morning ???

karastiBuddhadragonsilver
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

... the daytime temperature is high enough to make me head to the beach and walk in the water, yet the nighttime is cool enough to allow me to sleep

karastiBunks
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Kerome said:
    ... the daytime temperature is high enough to make me head to the beach and walk in the water, yet the nighttime is cool enough to allow me to sleep

Sheer luxury. :p

Shoshin

@Bunks said:
    It's almost 4pm on Friday afternoon and I have the whole day to myself tomorrow to do as I please!

It's almost 2am here and my men will go off to the swimming-pool in a few hours.
    I'll have a whole day to read, drink tea and eat matcha white chocolate...
    Sheer hedonism...????

lobsterKundoHozanShoshin
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@ajhayes said:
    I really, really love it when my 4 year old tells me to "just breathe, dad. In through the nose, out through the mouth. You'll be fine."

Tee Hee! Out of the mouths of babes ...

• When I hear silence, I am closest to [lobster thinks of right term] the most Beloved
    • It rained today. Good stuff, rain.
    • New things learned. Ehmaho!
    • You know what. What people love, I love to hear. Look @newlotus puppy. Such a cute dog should not be allowed out in public ... but they are ;)Increase in Love.
    Buddhadragon

I really, really love it when you have a holiday Monday and you roll about lazily in bed the whole weekend long, and shower late, and are in no haste to go out and everything is done in slow motion...
    Well, in fact, I wake up too early and meditate in bed, but never mind...
    I'm still in bed <3

HozanKundo

@DhammaDragon said:
    I really, really love it when you have a holiday Monday and you roll about lazily in bed the whole weekend long, and shower late, and are in no haste to go out and everything is done in slow motion...
    Well, in fact, I wake up too early and meditate in bed, but never mind...
    I'm still in bed <3

That's me next Monday ???

HozanBuddhadragon
  • @DhammaDragon said:
    When my men are away and I can hole up with my old books and tea thermos for hours...

I've been doing this for a week :-)

When I wake up and I have my 3 cats sleeping with me.

Buddhadragon
    edited June 2017

.... when it's cold enough to break out the good stuff

HozanBuddhadragon
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Well it's 'Flaming June' here in the UK. A lady came into our astore, wearing a quilted jacket, woollen scarf and woolly hat.

Yes, Summer in the UK has well and truly arrived....

HozanKundo