Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Being ultra spiritual

Have any of you seen this guy?

He is my new sensei

SnakeskinlobsterKundonakazcidTosh

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited October 2017

Yeah, we've met him. He's a riot!, hahaha

@lobster usually brings him to parties....

personlobsterKundo
  • haha That's great. Subscribed. I should take notes. I'll get around to it. It's not laziness; it's nonattachment. :p

• Thanks @Mingle <3

Good to see this guy again.
    In many ways we do indeed 'play the game' of spirituality. It is why as well as learning from our demons and impediments ... and others, we can transcend our fake selves. Iz plan.

It is why I have so much time for the broken, comedic, false seeker etc. It helps to discern and respect the genuine. The real ultra spiritual inspirers, Boddhisattvas and alarm clock Buddhas ...

Here is one of my favourite sensei ...

SnakeskinVastmind
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Mingle said:

He is my new sensei

Frequently. If you were a more regular visitor, you might have seen him sooner... :p
    ;)

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Mingle said:

He is a student of the Dairy Lama actually. :p

lobsterKundoShoshin
  • @genkaku said:
    This is where practice kicks in and proves its worth. Practice puts doubts to rest. Practice eases the need to giggle, or wax ever-more-subtle-y understanding. Practice gives doubt a rest in whatever form it takes. But it's slow. And often a pain in the ass. And those fireworks I kept waiting for are more often than not a tip-off that it's time for a serious giggle ... even a phony one if necessary.

Jackass and show-off and poseur? Sure, that's the way I was brought up. I have the skill set. Of course the skills don't really apply in Buddhism, but that too takes some practice. Hey! Wasn't Buddhism built for jackasses like me?

I'm inclined to say "you betcha."

Tee hee.
    Too true. Great post from the hesitant/thoughtful/jackass

The First Noble Truth - life is a duck
    The Second Noble Truth - why did the chicken cross the road
    The Third Noble Truth - we haz plan
    The Fourth Noble Truth - behave yourself, don't be a turkey

OK that is quite a loose translation/update o:)
    ... but essentially correct.

If you have any doubts, disFaith, questions on a postcard, place them on a cushion till well cooked ...

Ah dharma ... so simple (theory only). <3

... and now back to the ultras ...