Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Picnic in Hell - All Welcome

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited October 2017 in Buddhism Today

Halloween is a great time <3

This year you can if ready, come to Hell for a picnic (We have Bodhi and Buddhas to rescue). All welcome.
What are the Bodhisattvas and Buddhas doing in hell? Radiating in a Pureland of course.

What you need: >:)

• Bag of metta - to frighten the lesser demons and dukkha indulgers
  • All your bad stuff - barrel loads welcome for emptying, they luv that stuff in hell ...
  • Dancing shoes, if you can't dance on demons tantra style, stoke the fires and roast marshmellows

Do you need a mask? ????

What fun. What will you be bringing to the picnic? o:)

Nadlatst

Comments

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran
    edited October 2017

No mask necessary - face already kinda funny. :glasses:

My mom loved red shoes - she wore out many a pair of regular shoes on the blacktop at school dancing the Charleston! Me, I like red underwear. I'll wear what I like if that's ok.
    I think she's been there showing those dirty devils a thing or two (I hope).

I'll bring tuna sandwiches and crudités with buttermilk ranch dip - and a bad attitude. >:)

lobsterBuddhadragonNadlatst
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

Is this a "come-as-you-are" party?
    Then I may need no mask either...

silver
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I don't do Hallowe'en.

(What's the equivalent of the Christmas 'Bah, humbug'...?)

lobsterwojciech

Fede: please!!!!
    I bet you would look great in a beautiful Halloween costume...

silverNadlatstCarlita
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Great image @lobster...

I’ll come and bring all the boxes full of negative thoughts that have been accumulating in my mental cellar, and some sweets for the residents... also some pages of bad calligraphy, and lots of meditation instructions.

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited October 2017

We iz naughty ...

@federica said:
    (What's the equivalent of the Christmas 'Bah, humbug'...?)

Bless you.
    Pink rainbow unicorn metta to everyone ...

or just 'unicorns!' for short ...

o:)

meanwhile I am preparing my rainbow/stormhammer bodhi
    here is a pic ... notice worried expression. That is in case I do not have enough demons to eat ... (they taste of deviled chicken) ...

I think I need more practice in gurning ...

I'll bring tuna sandwiches and crudités with buttermilk ranch dip - and a bad attitude

Ah good, bad attitude tuna sandwiches can be used as bait ... ????

silverNadlatst
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

I'll bring the extra limbs.

lobster
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

I'll be the story teller. When I take my kids (well, we're down to one trick or treater now) out begging for candy, I always tell them the Pagan stories of the traditions of Halloween, and they always ask to hear them. Fun and interesting.

I don't dress up as anything other than a penguin or eskimo though. We're expecting snow later this week and it'll probably be in the 20s (F) for next Tuesday night. So no matter your costume, you need a hat, gloves, and an extra layer of clothes. Thankfully a lot of witches are cooking up witches brew and burning fires to keep everyone warm!

lobster
  • I think we are well prepared. As you can read the Buddha used to have afternoon tea with demons ...
    https://mettarefuge.wordpress.com/2009/12/15/tara-brach-and-radical-acceptance/

Demon cutters ready? o:)

silverNadlatst
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

D'oh! I forget that sometimes! o:)

Nadlatstlobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited October 2017

<3Happy ... What the hell ... Happy Halloween ? <3
    http://wisdomquarterly.blogspot.co.uk/2009/10/buddhist-halloween.html

<3 Metta to one and All <3

BunksBuddhadragonHozansilver
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Thanks @lobster. I am on the train home from work to go trick or treating with my kids.

lobsterHozan

<3 Happy Buddhaween <3

Hozanlobsterwojciechsilver
  • Thanks everyone <3

In dharma gods and demons are optional and some would say internal mind projections ...
    I have always treated Buddhas, gods and fiends as friends.

Fiends of course prefer to be enemies. OK ? but when in hell, you don't get a choice ???

Thanks for the opportunity to go to Hell with you - or is that to visit you at home?

Nothing's different, is it. As above, so below or is it As below, so above? O.o

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited November 2017

Nothing is very different ... just because you don't get a choice is no reason to not take it ...

"Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."

• Buckeroo Banzai

To Infinity and Beyond

• Buzz Lightyear
  • Just noticed my local bank is trying to entice sangha to deposit their alms rounds with them ...

Tsk, tsk and I thought evil was closed for another year ...

• Through our Buddhist Practice, we can turn Hell into the pure land of the Buddha.

lobster

What is hell, what is pure land, that our mind does not make so?
    Hell and heaven are in the eye of the beholder.
    We are one thought/opinion/clinging/detachment away from either <3

lobster