Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

When It Comes To Mindfulness....

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

...This is what Dr Alan Wallace has to say ...

HozanSnakeskin

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I've set it up to watch a bit later... I started it off... looking forward to watching it and other videos of his.....

Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

The one on "Consciousness & Mind" is also quite interesting :)

• Thanks for sharing @Shoshin . Looking forward to watching.

Shoshin
  • paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

i liked it.

Shoshin
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited November 2017

I think I mostly agree. Mindfulness is sort of a neutral tool, what makes it Buddhist or not is how it is applied. Whether we use it to understand the origins of dukkha in our own minds and other Buddhist philosophical frames such as impermanence and emptiness or use it for more worldly pursuits.

I hesitate to fully jump on board with him because I don't want to be partisan and poo poo something for not being perfectly Buddhist.

SnakeskinShoshin
  • What comes after mindfulness? My take: Mindfulness in Buddhism springs from right intention and flows into discernment. The popular mindfulness movement doesn’t spring from right intention, may not flow into discernment, so it isn’t Buddhist.

Shoshin
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

My new screensaver at work ^^^

• paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

thanks ironrabbit.that was awesome!

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Not very “right speech” though, it seems like he lost it for a minute...

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@Kerome said:
    Not very “right speech” though, it seems like he lost it for a minute...

No @Kerome I think he's just quoting a Zen saying " Hey ass hole!!!...Don't mistake the finger pointing to the moon for the moon" :wink::lol:

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@IronRabbit said:

Dhammapada, Pairs, Vs. 9 - 10.

Just sayin'.......

• IronRabbitIronRabbit Veteran
    edited November 2017

silverKundoShoshin

I cannot claim Buddhist teachings to be my 'own personal philosophy', though, can I...? ;)