Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Patton Oswalt: Annihilation

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator
edited November 2017 in Arts & Writings

I cannot speak highly enough of comedian Patton Oswalt's recent Netflix special "Annihilation", in which he discusses the grief from the loss of his wife.

The words from his late wife continue to echo in my head: "There's no higher plan. The world is chaos. Be kind. Be kind. Be kind." I find myself thinking about it over and over in many contexts. "Be kind" is the simplest diagnosis of so many problems, and I find myself lately just bringing everything back to that simple thing.

Here's an interview with him and Steven Colbert from a year ago, if you're interested:

lobsterBunksShoshinkarastifedericapersontom_hitt

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Reminds one of HHDL's oft quoted mantra:

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

ShoshinKundo
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited November 2017

In the OP clip...I can appreciate the way they talk about experiencing grief and not letting it take hold. Only way out of it....is through it.

I watched the Netflix special. ???? ??