Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Server interruptions

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator

If you saw some error messages tonight, it was expected. We're upgrading a number of things on the ol' server and it's been causing intermittent downtime. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Snakeskin

Comments

• Well glad to notice my and some others avatars which were not displaying, now are =)

Many thanks for upgrades.

Bunks
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Tnx as always for your efforts.

federicalobster
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

I've had a bit of a dustup with our hosting support, so we'll be having more downtime in a month or two to move between providers. I'll provide further update as we get close to that.

My opinion was that if I'm paying $180/mo for a $40/mo-grade server, the support team had better be on-point and engage their brains when I file support tickets re: upgrading things once every two years.

Their position was... not that.

So I'll be dusting off my Linux skills and setting aside 2-3 weekends to move to a cheaper self-service option since that's what I'm basically doing anyway. :confounded:

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited January 2018

My opinion was that if I'm paying $180/mo for a $40/mo-grade server, the support team had better be on-point and engage their brains when I file support tickets re: upgrading things once every two years.

When I was growing up, the business model was generally, "the customer is always right" and "service we can and will deliver on." Oh well, those days are in the rear-view mirror. Just humming an old-fart's tune.

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

@genkaku said:
    Oh well, those days are in the rear-view mirror. Just humming an old-fart's tune.

I mean, my company operates that way... we make the software this forum runs. :)