Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Homemade Buddha scenes & altars

Tag, you’re it.

NirvanaDavidHozanJeffreyShoshin

Comments

• One of the members of our sitting group showed up one day with 7 of these polyurethane garden Buddhas he had scarfed up from a home supply shop in the Bible Belt. He wanted to give them suitable homes.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I don't have my own - some day!

• I use an iPad as a cybershrine. Just use a looping slideshow to change the focus ...

https://cundi.weebly.com/yidam.html

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

They're beautiful, @David.

David
  • @lobster said:
    Here is the Buddha Nature 'natural shrine' I pictured two days ago

Did I go wrong again ... :3

You certainly did not go wrong. Beautiful natural shrine. ???

Dhammika
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

My Buddha shrine is currently dismantled, as I'm moving house soon. Will keep you all apprised of its new 'construction' as and when. (I also plan on having an outside 'shrine' in my new garden....!)

Hozan
  • @federica said:
    My Buddha shrine is currently dismantled, as I'm moving house soon. Will keep you all apprised of its new 'construction' as and when. (I also plan on having an outside 'shrine' in my new garden....!)

Looking forward to seeing those @federica and best wishes for the upcoming move. I would also love to have an outside shrine in a garden one day.

• Great thread @Dhammika

Dhammika
  • JaySonDhammikaDavidJeffrey
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

My bedside table

JaySonDhammikaJeffreyDavid
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

What is the white rectangular thing on the right? (like I need to give its position! )

edited February 2018

My bedside table> @federica said:

What is the white rectangular thing on the right? (like I need to give its position! )

Selenite. I often hold it while meditating.

Jeffrey

@dhammachick, I wondered what that hexagonal wooden piece is - the one in your bedroom? Maybe an incense burner?

Nice work, @seeker242.

@silver said:
    @dhammachick, I wondered what that hexagonal wooden piece is - the one in your bedroom? Maybe an incense burner?

Nice work, @seeker242.

I think it's a sandalwood box containing incense sticks... I used to have something similar, but I can't be sure it's the same thing.

@seeker242 said:
    Homemade altar I made at the woodshop. =)

That's an awesome bit of carving on the front there, @seeker242 ! Beautiful! Could I order one please - ?!

@silver said:

Yep. @Federica is right. It's my incense burner

• Wot no room for a personal me/mine shrine?
    http://www.oxherding.com/my_weblog/2018/01/shrines.html

meanwhile I beheaded a garden Buddha :3

oops ...

JaySon
  • JaySonJaySon Florida Veteran

@lobster said:
    meanwhile I beheaded a garden Buddha :3

oops ...

I think in the vinaya it says if you behead a Buddha statue and happen to be a lobster, then in the next life you will have very small pincers.

JeroenlobstersilverKundo
  • 14481448 Massachusetts New

@Jeffrey said:
    Here is mine:

It looks beautiful! Are those real flowers?

• Here is mine...my desk is very messy. And nowhere near as refined as everyone else's :(

Pah! <3
    Everyones expression/life/space is an expression of their nature.

I myself am a shrine :3 ... however that is just the Buddha Nature part, which is a bit part :3

As we refine our Boing Being, we bounce with the morning star or become in accord with our sacred space ...

So here is my conventional shrine, all the Buddha statues have walked ... ;)

KundoDavidShoshin
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

We just moved so my shrine got changed.

lobsterJeffrey
  • paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

they are all beautifull.peace in , peace out to our e-shang-ha:how wonderfull.

lobster
  • ScottPenScottPen Maryland Veteran

This is where I meditate at lunchtime every day. Not pretty, but my eyes are closed so I don't think it matters.

lobsternamarupa
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@paulyso said:
    they are all beautifull.peace in , peace out to our e-shang-ha:how wonderfull.

Eh ma ho!
    How wonderful indeed.

Peoples shrines are an expression of their fishy sole/soul.

I love these glimpses into peoples reverence ...
    Here is one I did earlier ...
    http://puppylinux.org/wikka/BuddhistYAP

ScottPenpaulyso

lobster,that is very cool.old and new.right on.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Thanks @paulyso
    The most profound shrine usage is empty or whatever form is before us as in @ScottPen ‘shrine’

... however most of us respond to a sanctified or sacred space construct. With vajrayana and concentration, we can project a Pureland, shrine or Buddha Temple.

Here for your consideration are two portable shrines ...

paulyso

@lobster said:
    Thanks @paulyso
    The most profound shrine usage is empty or whatever form is before us as in @ScottPen ‘shrine’

... however most of us respond to a sanctified or sacred space construct. With vajrayana and concentration, we can project a Pureland, shrine or Buddha Temple.

about object of attention,i hear you i.e.,a flower,which you presented in this thread. take a moment to see--really see-zen!--feel and be.the source as zen would say the suchness is rewarding when we --you know a tune a tone--our being. you are singing to the choir in me.and back to my crudeness--that's good shit!!...lol

about the video,how beautiful.my metephor or analogy,traditional green beans,never out of style as an option.