Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Nothing to do. Nowhere to go.

Being a spiritual teenager and Un-Taoist, we may still hanker after progress ...
http://rogernolan.blogspot.co.uk/2009/12/nothing-to-do-nowhere-to-go-no-one-to_11.html

In stillness type practice, we move towards less is more (a cat has more than enough of that ...) :p

Wisdom tells me I am nothing.
Love tells me I am everything.
Between the two my life flows.

Nisargadata Maharaj

Any progress towards ... eh ... going nowhere? ?

ShoshinBuddhadragonRojeho

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@lobster said:

Nisargadata Maharaj

One of my all time faves.....thanks @lobster

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Nothing to do. Nowhere to go.

The way I see it (but as usual I could be wrong) .....when it comes to progress on the mindfulness path ....

When the tank/mind is running on empty ( mindful) one has reached the destination of.... "Nowhere" :) ( a place perhaps we have visited before... on a flying visit and liked what we saw :) )

SLOW DOWN! THERE"S NOTHING TO DO....NOW YOU ARE HERE....

(Hmm ... Now where is here .... Nowhere ??? )

lobsteryagrBuddhadragon
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran
    edited April 2018

@lobster said:
    Any progress towards ... eh ... going nowhere?

Not going anywhere.
    Just enjoying the landscape while walking in circles.

Progress is an illusion.

The problem is not directional, but rather one of visibility.
    It has to do more with sheding, pruning, emptying ourselves of opinions, mental entanglements and delusions, the foremost being that we are attaining a finish line.
    And each day is different: some days the vision is clear, while others, it's foggy.
    Otherwise, we already are where we're supposed to be.
    ? ? ?

• Lee82Lee82 Veteran

@lobster said:

Nisargadata Maharaj

<3

• Thanks everyone <3

I like Now Here as part of our Now-wear and tear ...
    Movement is an acceptable stillness.

Still improving? Resting stillness we travel ...
    https://buddhaweekly.com/the-psychology-of-buddhist-prostrations-the-humble-bow-a-meaningful-method-to-connect-with-buddha-nature/

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I like this bit from @lobster’s original blog post:

Stoking the fires of "being someone" is hard work.

It’s very true, all those reactions which make up being someone have to com from somewhere. Deep within, we are committed to being “competent”, to being “trustworthy”, to being “honourable”. All these qualities that we like to see within ourselves also define the facade that we impose on our most immediate self.

If you let it all go, where do you end up? A deep let-go where you are beholden to no-one... not even your own thoughts of morality.

After all, letting go of all views also means letting go of self views.

lobster