Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Temple finder

edited March 2005 in Sanghas
I have never seen a temple anywhere near Atlanta. Is there a good resource for finding one?

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited January 2005
    I never really found a single source for local temples. What I did was use google and yahoo to narrow down the choices with searches for "buddhist temple" and "Detroit" and "Michigan", things like that. I had no idea where to start and I sort of "lucked" into my temple.
  • edited January 2005
    Have you try Thai Temple in the US site?

URL:
    http://www.thaiembdc.org/directry/wat_e.htm
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited January 2005
  • edited January 2005
    Hey those are really nice... thanks guys, I have looked for a good directory but hadn't found anything in the past.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2005
    There are several Sanghas here in France, but guess what?! I am slap bang in the middle of one of the most inaccessible areas, a wild and windy, desolate, lonely forgotten and desperately isolated region (actually, I'm only 40Km away from Dijon, and two hours' train ride from paris, but I thought I'd pull the sympathy vote....! :lol: )
    Plum Village is way down south, and I'd like to go some day soon. Work keeps me busy, so I don't get much of a chance to travel around, but hey, during the summer months I run our village campsite, which is a fabulous way of meeting people from all over the place - so I have my very own sangha, in a way - !! :bigclap:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2005
    Brian did my Avatar for me! Isn't he just the nicest Site Administrator you could evah wish to have? I figure the Mother T. quotation is very apt! Thanks Brian!!
    edited March 2005
    Well, all I did was make it small. You drew it :)
    edited March 2005
    last posting in every section....is this a record.....? :lol:
    edited March 2005
    Not for long, I hope. With a breath of life into this site, more people will start posting, plus I started advertising on google, so we'll get more members any time now :p
    edited March 2005
    That'll be cool... any chance of a "chatroom" on the site? I've seen it done elsewhere, but I reckon that would generate a good membership.... would it be a good idea, or d'you think the site is good for now? Glad u like the quotation idea. I'm loaded with them, I collect them....boy, input from this quarter jus' don't look like givin' up yet - !! :D
  • I found it extremely difficult to find a temple near me as @Brian has said you need to really define your search, I haven't found any site as yet that has a list of all the temples on it from all the different schools or traditions.

I moved country 6 years, from Canada back to the UK and am still struggling with finding a teacher, Guru or temple close to where I live.

I hope that you find a Temple and you can get the delights that you deserve :)
    Posted in 2005:
    Brian said:

Not for long, I hope. With a breath of life into this site, more people will start posting, plus I started advertising on google, so we'll get more members any time now :p

lol

person