Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What do people think of Tricycle: The Buddhist Review?

vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

Just picked the summer "magazine" up at Whole Foods. Anyone use the mag or their website? Wondered what you think of it.

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

I think I've read some articles online from time to time. But I thought about and considered the articles rather than the magazine that they are in.

lobster
  • elcra1goelcra1go Edinburgh, Scotland Explorer

I am on their mailing list, and get a daily dharma email evey morning... I don't subscribe because I'm cheap. But the free articles each morning are good x

• lobsterlobster Veteran

@vinlyn said:
    Just picked the summer "magazine" up at Whole Foods. Anyone use the mag or their website? Wondered what you think of it.

I feel Whole Foods are wonderful. Apart from a whole packet of biscuits, which I ate yesterday - Yum! When I say yum ? I mean - must be more restrained, disciplined and mindful :3

I like Tricycle. In fact apart from some pop dharma, which I feel superior to :3 I enjoy and find value in dharma that I may have read in one form or another many times ...
    https://tricycle.org

personJeroen
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

The first phrase that comes to mind is, "very inside-the-box."

lobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I use the website and find things of value once in a while. I slightly prefer Lions Roar though.

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

@Kerome said:
    I use the website and find things of value once in a while. I slightly prefer Lions Roar though.

I'll check that out.

kando
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

This page is a tremendous resource on Lions Roar, it has reading lists on a wide range of subjects and all kinds of links through back issues of the magazine...

https://www.lionsroar.com/category/buddhist-teachings/guides/

lobster