Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddha "Nature"

personperson Don't believe everything you thinkThe liminal space Veteran

We all have Buddha Nature but did you know that nature also has Buddha? (Sorry, I don't know how to reduce the size of my photos)
The unfolding mind.

A photo of me meditating next to the dislodged head of a Buddha statue (you can see the curly hair and the topknot)

ShoshinBunksVimalajātilobster

Comments

• Here is a small Buddha I captured amongst the bramble and fern buddhas ...

VimalajātipersonBunks
  • VimalajātiVimalajāti Whitby, Ontario Veteran

Here's a contrived platitude: your Buddha-nature is your lack of nature.

person
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

The nuns are cleaning up after a natural disaster (me) accidentally stepped on their monastery.

The Enlightened One, Lord Buddha, the Monarch of all samsara was kind enough to make his presence known to me today.

JeffreylobsterShoshin
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2018

Whereas when we carelessly presume to bend nature to our will, and impose monstrous and incongruous, ugly, defacing structures upon her beautiful countenance, we do so in such a mean, hurried and inexpert manner, that we remain horrified, astonished and aghast, when they collapse without apparent reason. But reason, there is. And the reason is that we hurry to appease the money gods, cut corners, use inferior material and inexperienced workers. Nature takes her time, does things "per bene", uses the best available materials and everyone is perfectly in command of the appointed task.

https://www.google.it/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-45193614

Shoshin
  • @person said:
    We all have Buddha Nature but did you know that nature also has Buddha?

I am green.

It is a constant (thus far). Nature amazes me as it has its own language and teaching. Everything around us is an expression of its inner nature. Just as we are a projection of aspects of our delusion/buddha nature mix ...
    https://www.dailyzen.com/journal/zen-mind-beginners-mind

person
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Mother Nature's son Buddha Nature...
    Sand impressions...water colour...(fresh water channelling its way back home)

There is no artist ...only art....

personlobsterkando
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@person said:
    We all have Buddha Nature but did you know that nature also has Buddha?

We all have Mara Nature too. and Nature has Mara...

Witness the deadly and for some, fatal mudslides in the south of Italy.... :(

• HH Emperor Dragonfly earlier today ...

OM MANI PEME HUM

personShoshinkando
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

For a short time the clouds had lost their way and returned to Mother Earth...

kando